Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Trapped sick? - newborn

(7 Posts)
1NuDad Sat 24-Feb-18 20:28:16

Hi there.

My LO is 10 days old and feeding well.

We put him down for a nap and when he woke he seemed to have difficulty with his breathing as though there was fluid trapped. Then he was sick, a good mouthful's worth and then he seemed hungry so he's breastfeeding again.

His breaths are short and shallow though and still sounds quite fluidly.

Shall we be trying to get up the sick? When should we be concerned by his breathing? If there is more sick etc, is it best to not feed and just hold him upright etc?

New parent panics here! Naturally.

Thanks.

INeedNewShoes Sat 24-Feb-18 20:32:00

Because he's so little and the breathing doesn't sound right I'd actually want to get him checked out asap.

A friend's baby had similar symptoms and in turned out to be bronchiolitis.

user1474652148 Sat 24-Feb-18 20:32:53

I would get him checked out, anything that involves breathing with babies should be investigated. You can relax once he has seen a doctor.

user1474652148 Sat 24-Feb-18 20:34:16

Just take him straight to hospital no need to call 111 in a true emergency. If you are very worried call an ambulance. I am sure he will be fine but better just to be safe

Marcine Sat 24-Feb-18 20:47:14

Can you take him back to the maternity ward?

1NuDad Sun 25-Feb-18 01:06:50

Thanks all. Went to A+E, LO was fine. But it's five mins away and free parking so nothing lost and a night of not stressing saved!

INeedNewShoes Sun 25-Feb-18 06:22:50

That's good to hear. Thanks for coming back and telling us.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: