Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

My goodness, how long does this last?

(13 Posts)
Tootsings Thu 22-Feb-18 11:55:34

Teething.

DS has been teething since about 9 weeks old. Hands in mouth, drooling absolutely everywhere.

He is now 14 weeks and as miserable as a cats arse shock

It's been going on for weeks now. Miserable baby. I've dealt with a lot of babies in my few years and I've never known anything like it this young.

The endless whinging is the worst part, because it's like "oh give it a rest love". But the high pitched crying breaks my heart sad

Luckily he sleeps all night and I tend to have a good sense of humour with his delightful grumpy faces and whinge bucket moans during the day. Heaven help me if he didn't fucking sleep, what the actual feckery. How do people cope?

Doesn't even crack a smile for me very much anymore and he was smiling at 12 days old! Teething has made him a non delight

Tootsings Thu 22-Feb-18 11:56:37

Oh and keeps bloody attacking my boobs when I try feeding him sometimes! And arches his back to get away envy

He had a hair tourniquet yesterday and was so upset so today seems quite breezy in comparison

MrsSkeffington Thu 22-Feb-18 12:01:05

About two years lol

Tootsings Thu 22-Feb-18 12:02:20

Two years of this? Joyless envy

moita Fri 23-Feb-18 15:01:10

I feel for you - my son was an early teether. They don't seem to bother him now but the first couple were awful for him.

Have you Anbesol?

icantdothis2017 Fri 23-Feb-18 15:18:43

On and off for about 2 years

arbrighton Fri 23-Feb-18 21:37:40

a) it probably isn't actually teething. Drooling is normal development of the salivary glands and babies put EVERYTHING in their mouths.
FYI DS first tooth was 7 mo and he's been a dribble bucket for at least 3 months

b) sounds rather like a 'leap' Do you have Wonderweeks app ?

RedPandaMama Fri 23-Feb-18 21:43:20

DD has been teething since about 2 months. Is now 6.5months and worse than ever but still no teeth. I recommend dentinex gel and a matchstick monkey.

fannythrobbing Fri 23-Feb-18 21:49:25

Mine is just about 15 months and has two more molars coming in and all four canines are on the move. She's been working on the molars for MONTHS and by all accounts the canines are worse. I look back on the early days with fondness (she started with dribbling) at 12 weeks-ish and cut her first two at 5 months.

Try anbesol/bonjela, geo teethers that can be kept in the fridge for a few mins before giving to baby.
I'm pregnant with no2 now and can't believe I have to do all of this again 🙈

Tobebythesea Fri 23-Feb-18 22:07:35

Yeah sorry. On and off for 2 years. Calpol smile

Graphista Fri 23-Feb-18 22:15:49

"bout two years" 😂

Yep then it's terrible two's, threenager, preschool frustration...

I'm 17 years in and teething's the EASY bit 😉

But seriously - not fun, I remember anbusol and similar not really helping much but my mums recommendations of Ashton and parsons powders did, I also found that frozen carrot batons worked well too (not by planning by sheer luck)

Roomba Sat 24-Feb-18 09:47:55

Agree it may not be teething, it's pretty normal for babies to become dribbly and chewy at that age when no teeth appear for months afterwards. Both mine were like this from about 16 weeks. DS1 got his first tooth at 7m and DS2 was over 10m before a tooth arrived. I'd assumed it was due to teething, but neither of then seemed any worse or better just before a tooth came through so I'm not convinced it was entirely related. They didn't seem to suffer much when they came through, so don't panic as it may not be that bad!

Tootsings Sat 24-Feb-18 11:05:16

Two teeth greeted me along with DS's gorgeous smile this morning grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: