Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Feeling guilty

(15 Posts)
Pingu49 Thu 22-Feb-18 09:29:08

Feeling very guilty. Been having a hard time the last three nights with my LO waking every hour and I'm so tired.

LO napped for about 15 mins earlier and woke up SCREAMING and wouldn't calm down for about 15/20 mins and I could feel myself getting annoyed "JUST GO BACK TO SLEEP!!!"

Fast forward 5 mins and he's being sick everywhere 😩. I feel so bad for getting upset with him

ssd Thu 22-Feb-18 09:31:13

give yourself a break, you and your baby are tired

what age is he? could it be his milk, or colic?

Pingu49 Thu 22-Feb-18 09:32:08

He's almost 8 months. He's fallen back asleep all cuddled into me and I'm just sat here crying. I feel so bad for shouting and I'm just so so tired 😩

ssd Thu 22-Feb-18 09:40:14

have a cry, then shut your eyes and try to get a nap

do you have anyone who could give you a break to get a sleep, lack of sleep is utter torture

Pingu49 Thu 22-Feb-18 09:46:56

My OH will be in from work at around 2:30 today so he will take our LO and I'm going to have a bath and get a nap myself.

Sorry, I've just come here to have a little whinge really and get the "shouting" thing off my chest - I guess I needed to say it somewhere so I could feel a bit less disappointed in myself.

Thank you for listening x

ssd Thu 22-Feb-18 09:50:42

don't worry, we've all been there thanks

it's so hard at that age, they can't tell you what's wrong and you are so tired you can't think straight

a nice bath and hopefully a sleep and you'll be ready to face it again

I know everyone says this, but as they get older it does get easier, its just getting through this tiring bit thats so hard.

Pingu49 Thu 22-Feb-18 09:51:57

Thank you very much.

He's never been great, always about 3 times a night - but I've adjusted to that and can manage fine. But the last three nights he's been horrendous for some reason sad.

Hopefully it's just a phase and he'll be back to normal soon.

Thanks again

MummyCuddlesSolveEverything Thu 22-Feb-18 09:57:13

Try not to be too hard on yourself...you're exhausted. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture.
Easier said than done but try and give yourself a break - can someone look after him for an hour so you can have a soak in the bath and try and relax? Having a little bit of time to myself has just got me through the 4month sleep regression and my son waking every hour for nearly two weeks!
I hope your son's ok and sleeping better soon.

mommybear1 Thu 22-Feb-18 10:03:38

Please don't cry I have been there and the guilt is dreadful but he will never remember it and as other posters have said sleep deprivation is a form of torture I say to my DH now I think I could do SAS are you tough enough after my last 4 months with my pfb!! brewcakethanks

ssd Thu 22-Feb-18 13:04:52

at nearly 8 months it could be so many things...growth spurt....teething....wanting a cuddle....the list is endless

I took my 2 boys into bed with me, much to everyones disgust they had babies who slept through and of course against every baby book ever written.....I just needed sleep, desperately.....and they were there for bloody years grin

when the youngest "moved out" (to his own bed), I missed him so much blush

now they are older teens and could sleep for Britain..

its hard, its relentless, try to be kind to yourself and remember you are doing your best and your baby will know it too

Pingu49 Thu 22-Feb-18 14:31:17

Thank you all for your kind words. It's so nice to hear other people who have babies who prefer being awake to being asleep! Everyone I seem to know in "real life" have 12 hour sleepers..... hmm

Just an update - the hysterical screaming didn't stop and he's been SO sleepy all day (more sleepy than simply poor sleep last night) and he's been not interested in playing or his toys and just wants cuddles. I ran him to the doctors and he's got a viral infection. Hopefully some medicine will sort him out...

Thanks for all being so kind x

Rockandrollwithit Thu 22-Feb-18 14:34:13

It's really hard. My five month old has never slept more than an hour independently. I'm beyond exhausted.

My darling cousin texted me today to smugly tell me that her three week old slept for 8 hours last night! 😡

It will get better eventually. This is my second non sleeping baby, the first is three and sleeps like an absolute dream now.

Pingu49 Thu 22-Feb-18 14:36:38

I think I've just found it hard because he's normally awake about 2-3 times a night to every hour out of nowhere. I honestly feel for those of you who have ALWAYS had this. I just hope with mine it's down to him being poorly and not a new pattern.

It's so refreshing to hear honesty. I'm sure some people have 12 hour sleeper stories to impress everyone else!

mommybear1 Thu 22-Feb-18 14:54:57

Oh yes RL "friends/Moms" keep telling me how their babies sleep right through and clearly mine doesn't because he's not BF or I'm too neurotic hmmthankfully my HV is lovely and said a lot of moms "fib"!! Sorry to hear your LO is poorly hope he is better soon brewcakethanks

moita Thu 22-Feb-18 16:01:33

No advice but don't be hard on yourself, you must be exhausted.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: