Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

10 year old upset about incident at school

(5 Posts)
ClemDanfango Thu 22-Feb-18 01:15:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Super123 Thu 22-Feb-18 01:32:09

I would write a timeline of all the incidents and make an appointment to see either the Head or Deputy.

You need to make sure your ds is being listened to in school and not being brushed off.

I would explain how upset he was about the incident today, but they also need to know about all the other incidents and how this has built up and made your ds anxious about going into school.

ClemDanfango Thu 22-Feb-18 01:40:26

PerspicaciaTick Thu 22-Feb-18 03:08:15

Your poor DS, he will get through this especially if the HT is prepared to listen to him and respond fairly.

But I would be a bit worried about a school where the HT regularly ducks responsibility for disciplining an individual pupil by getting other pupils to vote on the punishment. It ensures that the child is firmly labelled as "the naughty one" by the whole class, gives the message that excluding and bullying the child is OK and makes the child's issues a subject for discussion among his classmates as well as giving the other a children a chance to get their own back on someone they may dislike.

ClemDanfango Thu 22-Feb-18 09:05:07

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: