Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

It’s pretty lonely sometimes

(3 Posts)
thisbumpyroad Wed 21-Feb-18 20:20:47

Does anyone on this lovely group feel very alone with a little person by their side. My LB is 9-months-old and is moving around so much at the moment. Just as I feel I’ve got my shiz together (and manage to make myself look half-human in the mornings), I suddenly feel overwhelmed again. I have a massively supportive husband, who helps so much, but sometimes I just wish I could take a break. I can’t help thinking that’s selfish but I’d love to know your tips for getting through an exhausting and mentally tiring day.

SantaClauseMightWork Wed 21-Feb-18 20:56:15

Be kind to yourself and don't overdo on planning. In retrospect, I can see I coped best when I took each day as a big challenge in itself. Teething and all the discomfort that comes with it can make you feel like you are loosing it everyday. It's so repetitive. So be kind to yourself and set small goals.
If I could go back to that time, I would definitely take more time out for myself and treat myself ocassionally. Definitely do that. Pamper yourself sometimes. You have earned it and more.
And the last thing, it does get easier. I promise that. Might look never ending right now. But it does get easier and you sleep again too.

thisbumpyroad Wed 21-Feb-18 22:39:40

Thank you for your kind words. Time out to pamper is a great idea. Now we have a bedtime routine that is definitely possible. I know as a mummy you have to expect tiredness - the days are long. It’s the repetitiveness - constant cooking, nappy changes with a very active baby = messy!! It’s another world now but it’s so good to hear it gets easier smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: