Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

7 month old bath time

(15 Posts)
mehhh Mon 19-Feb-18 12:31:49

Hi all

How often do you bath your 7 month olds? We currently bath every couple of days she doesn't get overly messy etc & she currently has bad nappy rash

I am cautious of over bathing as I don't want to irritate her skin (very sensitive) and have been sticking to midwife advice early on but when do you introduce more baths and washes etc? I always moisturiser her after

Thanks x

Callamia Mon 19-Feb-18 12:33:46

Six month old - twice a week unless he’s in desperate need of a wash after a giant poo.

He just doesn’t need any more frequent bathing. My four year old is bathed similarly.

dollygolightly Mon 19-Feb-18 12:35:21

I have an 8 month old who is bathed every night and always has been. He loves his bath and it is more his bedtime routine than because he needs it for being dirty. It relaxes him nicely ready for bed.

Abetes Mon 19-Feb-18 12:41:16

I bathed my seven month old every night, but only because she could get very cranky between tea and bed and a bath gave me something to do with her which she enjoyed. So it was basically just to pass time/provide amusement, not because she was dirty or necessarily needed it.

JKCR2017 Mon 19-Feb-18 16:08:28

My D.C have been bathed every night since babies. It’s good routine before bed imo and they love their baths now at 7 and 2 - they definitely need bathing every night now as they get so grubby playing, eating etc. 😊

Daily bathing may actually help the nappy rash!

GlitterBurps Mon 19-Feb-18 16:11:50

We have a 9month old who we bath every other day unless he has an explosive poo. He hates the bath unless my toddler gets in with him.

pastabest Mon 19-Feb-18 16:15:55

At 7 months old DD was having a bath every night.

Weaning is messy at the best of times but she just loved shoving it in her hair and her ears. She also loved having baths and it signalled the start of winding down for bedtime.

She gets quite dry skin on her arms but we use a bit of aveeno cream and that sorts it out.

At 12 months old she tends to hop in the shower with me in the morning (not my choice, but it's the only way I can get a daily shower before lunch) and then also has a bath at night. She loves water!

Vjump86 Mon 19-Feb-18 16:19:51

I bath my boys 2 times a week, more if they get really dirty!

1sttimeunicorn Mon 19-Feb-18 16:25:47

At 7 months my DS was having a bath every night. It’s useful for a cranky tired baby when I can’t really put him to bed any earlier than 6. It helps him understand it’s nearly bed time and he’s used to the routine. He does have eczema which has its up and downs but nobody has ever said we could be bathing him too much. We use oilitum in the bath.

mehhh Mon 19-Feb-18 16:29:08

Thanks everyone!

Good to know people's routines etc I think I will increase the baths whilst her nappy rash is bad as I'm going to leave her naked on a towel for a while to get air to it so will no doubt need a wash after that! But then will probably drop back down to 2/3 times per week but doing it at night time so when she gets older we can introduce the daily bedtime baths

Thanks again everyone! X

maceymoo20 Mon 19-Feb-18 21:54:24

When my DD suffers with nappy rash (due to teething) I tend not to put anything in the water like bubble bath just plain water so I can soothe her. Once dry and put sudocrem on her.

My DD is 9 months old and I bath her every other day 😊 she loves bath time

Smurfy23 Mon 19-Feb-18 23:16:17

We were on every other day but since weaning started its daily. Mainly because dd otherwise would permanently smell of cheese.

Caterina99 Tue 20-Feb-18 20:23:19

2 or 3 times a week unless he desperately needed it in between!

I do find more baths help with nappy rash though. Helps to keep it clean I think.

Xansaf Wed 21-Feb-18 19:44:33

I’ve bathed my DD every night since she was about 3 months, it’s part of her bedtime routine. I began with just clear water, then I used oilatum for a bit but we’ve used Johnson’s bedtime bath for quite a while now and her skin is fine.

masktaster Wed 21-Feb-18 22:23:20

8.5mo 1/2 times a week, usually if he's had a particularly messy meal. Our bathroom is an extension of an extension with no insulation to speak of, so not really appropriate for baby bathing.

He gets flanneled down most days, mind, weaning is too messy not to.

Still use plain water for washing him, not found we need anything else yet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: