Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

My child hates me today because...

(86 Posts)
Littlemissloopylou Thu 15-Feb-18 11:24:28

...because he's a teenager and I told him if he does his chores (only 4!) then he will get his pocket money, if he doesn't then he won't. Obviously I'm being unreasonable and need a visit from SS.

Why does your child hate you today?

Saladd0dger Thu 15-Feb-18 11:27:59

Because I forced her to tidy her own pig sty room in exchange for money to hang out with her mates. Nasty mum

Littlemissloopylou Thu 15-Feb-18 11:32:02

You're as evil as me Saladd0dger

GreenTulips Thu 15-Feb-18 11:34:23

Mine do , have taken the wifi and left the kitchen with no crocks or cutlery (all heaped dirty on the side, removed from their rooms)

So they don't have a sonhle bowl plate or spoon for breakfast and I'm going out!!

Shame, magic fairy has disappeared

ineedwine99 Thu 15-Feb-18 11:36:04

After i wrestled her into her snowsuit (which she has taken an aversion to)| i then tried to get her into her pushchair to go to nursery.
In the end she won and i carried her

Littlemissloopylou Thu 15-Feb-18 11:38:13

GreenTulips I like your style...

Littlemissloopylou Thu 15-Feb-18 11:45:28

ineedwine99 you took her to play and have fun with other children? How vary dare you!!!

kevinkeeganlovesme Thu 15-Feb-18 11:49:39

Because the pancake i made him in the requested shape of a T. rex looks more like a velociraptor. (It doesn't.)

GrooovyLass Thu 15-Feb-18 11:49:41

...because she didn't listen to me when I told her to wash her new cardi at 30° and she put a wash on at 50° and now her new cardi has shrunk. Which is my fault according to her 18yo logic.

Blerg Thu 15-Feb-18 11:57:05

Because I won't let them throw books on the floor, because I changed my son's nappy. I also wouldn't allow him to abandon his brand new shoe in the supermarket.

EinsteinsArousedSausagesHCB Thu 15-Feb-18 11:59:17

DC11, because there's no pot noodles.
DC3, because I made her put her shoes on to walk to the car, which was a travesty as she "already weared them today".
DC1, cus I blew his nose.

That's 3/4. Disappointingly I haven't felt DC9's hatred today, must try harder.

Littlemissloopylou Thu 15-Feb-18 12:00:17

My cat also hates me as I wouldn't let her eat the newly discovered pile of sick in the utility room that she must have done overnight. -I bet she pisses in my shoe-

Littlemissloopylou Thu 15-Feb-18 12:01:17

I also hate me for failing at crossing out text. Dumbass.

Littlemissloopylou Thu 15-Feb-18 12:03:26

she "already weared them today" 😂😂😂 can't argue with that logic, also it's easy to upset a nine years old, keep trying

EinsteinsArousedSausagesHCB Thu 15-Feb-18 12:57:01

9yr old is a bit, "Meh". It's bloody difficult to get much more out of him.

DC3 may have a point though.
<dreams of owning a walk in shoe closet cus I "already weared 10 pairs them today">

widgetbeana Thu 15-Feb-18 15:39:51

Because I refuse to make more loom bands with dd.

She was gifted a loom and twenty billion bands for Christmas and has just mastered putting them on the loom but can’t managed to do the hooking bit to ‘knit’ them together and needs my help to do it.

After helping her make 6 bracelets already I have said I will help no more, given that I am actually trying to catch up on washing, cooking, cleaning, you know life, today!

Amandas3girls Thu 15-Feb-18 17:19:49

Because i have banned the dreaded slime as it is sticking to everything even the dog...

m33r Thu 15-Feb-18 19:14:22

No lollies for dinner and because I am not daddy... meh!

feebeemee Thu 15-Feb-18 19:20:24

Because I asked him to wipe down the table where he sat to eat dinner...hmm

DoublyTroubly Thu 15-Feb-18 23:50:46

Because I won’t let her wee standing up but her twin brother is allowed to!

FloppyBoobs Thu 15-Feb-18 23:55:47

Because I wouldn't let him poke me in my eye

Littlemissloopylou Fri 16-Feb-18 12:26:54

Today they hate me because I made them leave the house to get fresh air and exercise. It's almost as if I encouraged them to dance in acid rain

Codysmum88 Fri 16-Feb-18 12:44:32

My DS is 5
He hates me today coz apparently I wee'd on him in the night.... he snuck into our bed and wet himself grin

LynetteScavo Fri 16-Feb-18 20:18:18

My 12yo hates me because I won't buy her an iPhone 6. I have no idea how difficult this makes her life. She has an iPhone 5C, but apparently that is to child tantamount to child abuse.

MrsPussinBoots Fri 16-Feb-18 20:24:35

Because I refuse to watch another bloody episode of Masha and the bear.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: