Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Blood in babies stool?

(4 Posts)
Ilovemybaby91 Wed 14-Feb-18 19:15:08

My 7 month old daughter has just passed an abnormal stool for her. There was quite a lot, pale in colour & the later half had blood on the outside. Any experience of this? Could it just be she has a tear as she was straining for a while & there was quite a lot? Thanks..

FancyNewBeesly Wed 14-Feb-18 19:16:22

If the blood was red then it’s most likely a tear or similar near the exit point (!) - has she been constipated? Pale stools can be a concern. I would get her checked out by the doctor to be safe if it were me.

Ilovemybaby91 Wed 14-Feb-18 19:23:15

Thanks @fancy I think she has been constipated yes unfortunately. It wasn't overly pale, the colour alone wouldn't of concerned me. I showed my dad (lovely) & he thinks the red is just colouring from a food she's eaten. It was almost a purple red. Think I might of over exaggerated now blush

FancyNewBeesly Wed 14-Feb-18 19:36:23

Keep an eye on it then, see how she is tomorrow - their bowels can do funny things sometimes! I had blood in my stool once from internal bleeding and it looks nothing like actual blood - the more it looks like blood, that means it happens near the point it came out! Of course I’m not a doctor though, so always get it checked if you’re worried!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now