Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Toddler throwing duvet over baby in shared room - over-cautious?

(11 Posts)
theremarkablerocket Tue 13-Feb-18 20:08:03

I have a 2.7yo DS and a 7 month old DD. DD is still in with us but we plan to have them share a room and ideally would like to move her in there soon.

My worry is that DS quite often chucks his duvet off in the night and - maybe once or twice in a few months - it has ended up in the cot bed where DD will sleep. It’s a pretty small room so there’s no way of separating DS’s bed and DD’s cot. DD doesn’t crawl and doesn’t seem likely to anytime soon.

I can’t decide if this is a sensible thing to worry about or not? And if it is, is there anything we can do other than keep DD in with us for another few months?

FenellaMaxwellsPony Tue 13-Feb-18 20:10:37

Put your son in a sleeping bag instead of him having a duvet

KalaLaka Tue 13-Feb-18 20:11:01

I would also be concerned. Maybe give DS a few large (you can get single bed size) cellular blankets instead?

theremarkablerocket Tue 13-Feb-18 21:03:11

I think I’d worry about him getting in and out of bed in a sleeping bag but cellular blankets could definitely work. Thanks both!

PotteringAlong Tue 13-Feb-18 21:08:20

You can get covers to stop cats getting into cots; would it stop the duvet landing on her if you put one on the cot?

BiologyMatters Tue 13-Feb-18 21:09:28

Id keep dd in with you as long as possible.

PotteringAlong Tue 13-Feb-18 21:09:46

like this kind of thing

Rach000 Tue 13-Feb-18 22:39:05

The gro company do a duvet cover that is attached to the bottom sheet. To stop children from kicking the covers off, so wouldn't be able to throw it. Don't think they are cheap but could help. Either that or the cot mesh cover could work for you as you are going to need to move her in.eventually.

OhWifey Tue 13-Feb-18 23:19:23

We have clips from Jojo which hold the duvet on the bed. Much cheaper option than the grocompany sheets.

MacaroniPenguin Thu 15-Feb-18 22:00:41

Give him a full size duvet put on sideways and tuck half of it well under the mattress.

eeanne Fri 16-Feb-18 06:59:24

I bought sleeping bags with legs on Amazon. Halo SleepSack Big Kids.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: