Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Pants vs Boxers?

(10 Posts)
Codysmum88 Tue 13-Feb-18 08:56:00

My DS is 5 and still wears pants with paw patrol,Spiderman ect on and has done since potty training. Me and a few mum's were having a discussion at school and there was mixed view, some say boxers some say pants confused What do/did you use when your DS was this sort of age?

Steeley113 Tue 13-Feb-18 09:16:51

Past the initial potty training, I’ve always bought boxers. He wants to be like his Daddy. I don’t think either are an issue though.

Foolish1 Tue 13-Feb-18 09:30:18

If he likes pants leave him in them! Its nobodies business but his what underwear he wears! My son (twice the age) still wears pants and some boxers with Spider-Man on and bought dad some big Spiderman ones for fathers day!

Sirzy Tue 13-Feb-18 09:32:59

From about 4 ds has worn trunks because they are what he is comfier in.

sirfredfredgeorge Tue 13-Feb-18 14:07:13

You take the boy to a shop, point out the options, and ask him. If he doesn't know, you buy a selection and ask which he prefers, your preference is nowhere in this!

stoneagefertilitydoll Tue 13-Feb-18 14:12:01

Why does it matter? Let them wear what they want.

JKCR2017 Tue 13-Feb-18 19:55:49

Personal preference really. My 6yo DS wears both!

Codysmum88 Wed 14-Feb-18 00:03:49

Thank you 😊 Which would you say are easier to pull up and down? As he still occasionally wets himself if he holds it too long so we have to pull them down fast?

GrockleBocs Wed 14-Feb-18 00:17:06

Ds developed a preference based on what his friends were wearing. It took until Y1 for that to surface and I was happy to go with that.

llangennith Wed 14-Feb-18 00:30:31

Even when they wear boxers they generally pull them down. He’ll let you know when he wants a different type of underwearsmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: