Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Baby was sick for the first time

(7 Posts)
owltrousers Mon 12-Feb-18 10:33:41

Hello,

I formula feed my 3 week old baby. We were using aptamil but are slowly switching to the aldi mamia milk so last week I used 3 scoops aptamil to 1 scoop mamia and then this week I have been using 2 scoops of each in a 4oz bottle to gradually get him used to it.

He was just sick everywhere for the first time. I gave him a 4oz bottle, he drank 2oz and then half an hour later whilst laying down he puked the entire lot back out all over himself.

This might seem like a silly question but is this a normal baby thing, should I be worried? Do you think its the mix of formula, or maybe the new formula not agreeing with him? Its a lot of milk but he seems fine in himself. I expect he'll be hungry again soon though.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Mon 12-Feb-18 10:36:03

He probably had a bit of wind. I'll never forget DD doing similar. It was like a fountain.

Marcine Mon 12-Feb-18 10:40:32

Some babies are just pukey. My first wasn't at all, second projectile vomited after every feed and third voms small amounts all the time!

Unihorn Mon 12-Feb-18 10:43:46

Absolutely normal. My daughter was sick every time she fed with Aptamil so we swapped to Hipp and had no issues. The Mamia formula may just not suit him, or he could have simply had wind.

winterwonderly Mon 12-Feb-18 10:50:05

Ugh, my 3 month old has just puked up his entire bottle all over the cot, walls and everywhere. Then when I stripped him down he peed everywhere..... Quick bath, washing machine on, and baby seems happy enough now. With mine, I find it just happens every so often. If they seem happy enough, not overly upset, not unwell or feverish, and it doesn't happen continuously then I don't worry too much about it.

owltrousers Mon 12-Feb-18 10:53:45

Thanks everyone - do you think its safe to carry on my crusade of cheaper formula feeding?

Steeley113 Mon 12-Feb-18 10:56:50

Babies are just sicky. TBH I’d swap the milk straight over rather then faffing with different scoops. I never had an issue when changing milk straight over. I’ve been told aptimal and Aldi milk are very similar. I’m intending on getting aptimal ready to feeds then Aldi powder this time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now