Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Coping with 2 and feeling out of control.

(3 Posts)
SnowWhite26 Mon 12-Feb-18 06:55:51

Hi.
I dont no which thread to put this on. I hope this one is ok. I have a 2.5 year old who is happy healthy sleeps well etc.. I am 14 weeks pregnant and starting to get crazy hormones. In my first pregnancy and first few months of babies life I really struggled with emotions, getting cross really easily etc. It turned out I had pms when I eventually asked the doctor. Anyway we live in a 2 bed flat which is quite spacious but I am starting to panic about the anger and emotions. In those first few months of my lo's life I was so sleep deprived like so many mums and really didnt cope well. Also I have had a few friends have there first babies recently and they all seem to be breastfeeding perfectly (something i really struggled with) and just kinda getting on with it with not much anger and crazy hormones at all. I am so jealous. It just brings home how hormonal I was. Is there anyone out there that has any ideas how to help my hormones and keep me calm lol or just gone through the same . Thankyou. X

LadyLooLaa Mon 12-Feb-18 07:03:21

I had severe pnd with my first and was terrified of it happening again (not quite the same as your situation I know, but I can sympathise with that feeling of dread at the same happening again). I got as organised as I could before the baby came. I spoke to a counsellor so that if I needed it, I’d hit the ground running. I saw the doctor. I spoke to the health visitor. I primed my family.
I did get pnd again but I was treated almost instantly so it wasn’t as bad.
On a separate note, and I know you didn’t ask, but having number two was nowhere near as dramatic in terms of life hange as the first. My life had already been changed by baby number 1 so number w didn’t have as much of an impact iyswim. I think this also helped to make my second bout less severe.
Congratulations on your baby and I hope all goes well for you.

TaylorJade77 Tue 13-Feb-18 15:11:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: