Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Best sling for 3 week old?

(9 Posts)
ASplendidMoomin Sun 11-Feb-18 15:08:47

I’d be really grateful for recommendations for a good sling for our 3 week old. We have a Boba wrap but my DH is keen for something a bit more structured and easy to put on and take off. Thanks in advance.

Makingworkwork Sun 11-Feb-18 16:03:24

Slings are like bras. Just because it fits your friend it does not mean it will fit comfortably on you. You really need to get along to a sling library and try a few out.

Countingsheeeep Sun 11-Feb-18 16:04:26

I liked the close caboo, it's similar to a boba wrap, except it's pretied, so you just slip it on like a t-shirt. Really comfortable and DD lived in hers until she was around 5 months.

jimwith2noses Sun 11-Feb-18 16:07:34

I like the caboo too, used it daily for the last 12 weeks (mainly school run). DH doesn't wear it though.

I'm going to buy an ergobaby when DS is a bit bigger as more structured.

springer24 Sun 11-Feb-18 18:33:48

I had Close Caboo for newborn - felt more structured than just a wrap. Then went for ergobaby which I absolutely love and couldn’t recommend enough - it was a life saver with DD1

mindutopia Sun 11-Feb-18 19:35:50

A stretchy wrap (like your Boba) really is the best for now. Babies need something soft that holds them close without too much padding or hard plastic in the way. Your dh is probably best to just do lots of practice and get more comfortable using it in the immediate term.

A bit longer term, something like an Ergo or a Manduca would be great (no a Baby Bjorn), but personally I wouldn't bother before baby is about 2-3 months old as they really aren't especially comfortable early on with a small baby. Go to a sling meet though and hire one to start and have him get some practice trying it on and finding the right fit, especially if he'll be the one using it lots. We have an Ergo and my dh loved it and we used it until our dd was probably 3 ish? But it's not quite as comfy as a stretchy wrap and they are more expensive, so you'll want to know it's right for both of you before you commit.

user1493413286 Sun 11-Feb-18 19:43:13

I loved them close caboo when my baby was tiny; structured enough that it was easy to get on and off and feel secure but soft enough not to be too solid like some carriers

Lemondrop99 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:02:59

Another vote for the Close Caboo

ASplendidMoomin Fri 16-Feb-18 09:48:42

Thanks all. Will get ourselves to the local sling library. Close Caboo sounds like it might fit the bill.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: