Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Being a single parent - resident parent

(4 Posts)
brokenways Sat 10-Feb-18 19:31:18

I am now single parenting - I haven't prepared for this role, and whilst it's my choice I hadn't planned for it.

How do I go about this? Is there a book I should be reading? How do I approach this?

mustbemad17 Sat 10-Feb-18 19:35:38

No manual, you just have to muddle along. Have you got finances & housing sorted already or do you need to deal with all those things that can come with newly single parenthood?

brokenways Sat 10-Feb-18 20:19:42

Not sorted yet - but we've got somewhere safe to live for now and will sort that in time I hope. For now we're staying with family so I have support there.

I am being really strong for him and I hope I'm doing well it's just such a daunting prospect

mustbemad17 Sat 10-Feb-18 20:29:15

It's ridiculously daunting, & you do the whole guilt thing. But actually it's really rewarding too! Just don't be too hard on yourself, the first few months are like walking through a maze in the dark

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now