Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Being a single parent - resident parent

(4 Posts)
brokenways Sat 10-Feb-18 19:31:18

I am now single parenting - I haven't prepared for this role, and whilst it's my choice I hadn't planned for it.

How do I go about this? Is there a book I should be reading? How do I approach this?

mustbemad17 Sat 10-Feb-18 19:35:38

No manual, you just have to muddle along. Have you got finances & housing sorted already or do you need to deal with all those things that can come with newly single parenthood?

brokenways Sat 10-Feb-18 20:19:42

Not sorted yet - but we've got somewhere safe to live for now and will sort that in time I hope. For now we're staying with family so I have support there.

I am being really strong for him and I hope I'm doing well it's just such a daunting prospect

mustbemad17 Sat 10-Feb-18 20:29:15

It's ridiculously daunting, & you do the whole guilt thing. But actually it's really rewarding too! Just don't be too hard on yourself, the first few months are like walking through a maze in the dark

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: