Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Birthday Presents for 1 year olds?

(8 Posts)
Hoolahoophop Fri 09-Feb-18 22:47:32

I have no idea what to buy dc2 for birthday. Dc1 has already filled the house with toys, and clothes, at 1 an experience is pretty pointless. grin any ideas? some new toy I haven't heard of but we can't live without or something nice to keep? Dc2 has had a tough time (2 open heart surgeries so far and more to come) so really want a great birthday, possibly as much for me as for dc.

BellyBean Sat 10-Feb-18 12:02:05

Maybe something classic books, I got DD1 the peter rabbit set and will get dd2 something similar for hers.

You could get bath toys, they always get a bit grubby over time?
Just spend less and don't feel guilty, wrap up some old toys?

BellyBean Sat 10-Feb-18 12:02:43

A helium balloon always goes down well?

yikesanotherbooboo Sat 10-Feb-18 12:07:33

I agree
Balloon
Something to hammer
Little football
Toy food
Soft baby doll
Plastic animals
Plastic/ melamine plate and cup
Her own little doll's buggy

Hoolahoophop Sat 10-Feb-18 13:29:18

Oh, her own plates bowls is a great idea. Dc1 got a couple of sets for christening presents but dc2 didn't and it would be lovely to have some nice ones... .especially as she loves eating!

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sat 10-Feb-18 14:31:17

There are some nice sets here smile

graysor Sat 10-Feb-18 19:23:34

I didn't get dd anything for her first or second birthdays or Christmas. She didn't know / care. She couldn't have been less interested in presents family bought for her. I quote : dd do you want to open this present from nanny? No.

So personally I wouldn't bother!

TepidCat Sun 11-Feb-18 14:17:03

I’m in a similar position and thinking things like PJs, craft supplies - what about some wall stickers for the bedroom? We got this for Xmas which has been great both for baby fiddling, standing and pre-schooler learning letters etc.

www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/pre-school-and-electronic-learning/b-toys/b-zany-zoo-wooden-activity-cube/p/142175

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now