Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Toddler fell and hurt tooth...feeling awful

(5 Posts)
Countingsheeeep Fri 09-Feb-18 14:00:30

So my dd has just learnt to walk, on for about the last 2 weeks but she pretty much refuses to do anything other than walk, hates the pram, won't crawl etc.

Today whilst out she fell and hit her mouth, it made her little tooth bleed which looked worse than it was because of all the saliva. Fortunately it stopped quickly and I think that I was more distressed in the end than she was, it was crushing.

When does walking get more stable? How long does it take for them to stop taking tumble after tumble? I'm feeling like the worst mum in the world right now sad it's so difficult because I am also 7.5 month pregnant, so sometimes I just can't react or contort myself quick enough to catch her.

I don't know how to strike a balance between letting her explore her new world, and the temptation to wrap her in cotton wool.

Countingsheeeep Fri 09-Feb-18 14:01:49

Forgot to mention her age Incase it's relevant, she just turned 1.

lornathewizzard Fri 09-Feb-18 14:03:16

Toddlers fall, it's what happens. Don't be so hard on yourself.

superking Fri 09-Feb-18 14:05:33

It's not nice to see them fall, but they very rarely do themselves any real damage and they get steady very quickly once they've started walking.

danTDM Fri 09-Feb-18 14:07:13

Oh dear, poor OP

I remember DD tripping over some steps and having to have stitches.

It's life, but very upsetting at the time. And the blood...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now