Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

5 week old bleeding nipple

(6 Posts)
user1500124076 Thu 08-Feb-18 12:58:33

My 5 week old DS is bleeding from his left nipple. It's a few little drops found on his vest each time I change his clothes, a small lump beneath the nipple, he doesn't seem bothered by it. Anyone have any insight? Health visitor yesterday had no idea. I'm due in to the doc next week for his 6 week check but thinking I should try to get in earlier (an almost impossible feat argh)? Google is a nightmare for this particular search...

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Fri 09-Feb-18 17:10:50

If it’s still happening I’d call 111.

Itsjustaphase84 Fri 09-Feb-18 17:12:32

Both my boys had lumps under nipples left over from my hormones. Its perfectly normal but mw advised look out for discharge as babies can get mastitis. Docs/out of hours ASAP!!

Itsjustaphase84 Fri 09-Feb-18 17:14:12

Ps the lumps disappeared about 4 to 5 weeks so they should reduce.

Rach000 Fri 09-Feb-18 21:37:13

You should get into the doctors quickly for a new born. Might be hard to get an appointment as a adult but I have always found they get you an appointment for a baby or even toddler if needed. Don't worry about not getting in. Although it is now the weekend so try the number already suggested to see what they say.

Mrsknackered Fri 09-Feb-18 21:38:22

Call 111. Like an OP said baby can get mastitis. Hormones should have left the system by now. Is it hot? Does he have a temperature? His normal (five week old) self?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: