Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

How can my 6 yr old DS raise money for charity??

(7 Posts)
brewsandbooks Wed 07-Feb-18 23:28:58

My DS has become very aware of the fact that some children/people are a lot worse off than what we are he gets upset when Oxfam etc adverts come on the tv and really wants to help. He even wanted to give his coat and shoes away the other day

I'm so proud of him and want to support him and encourage this behaviour but I have no idea where to start I have spoken to him about sponsorship and fund raising and said I will think of something . We do give to a charity every month but I think it would be good for him to do something him myself but I'm not sure where to begin ?

Any ideas would be brilliant

Blondie1984 Wed 07-Feb-18 23:33:05

Could he do some sort of sponsored event? Maybe a bike ride or swim? Or organise some sort of competition at school

CandyYumYum Wed 07-Feb-18 23:41:42

People could pay him for commissioned drawings.

£5 from Auntie Jane for a drawing of her cat Tiddles sleeping by the fire
£5 from Uncle Jack for a drawing of Uncle Jack scoring the winning goal at the FA cup

That kind of thing.

brewsandbooks Thu 08-Feb-18 07:52:19

These are wonderful ideas thank you very much

ShatnersBassoon Thu 08-Feb-18 07:58:17

Something as simple as gathering up his unwanted toys and clothes he's grown out of and giving them to a charity shop is good entry-level benevolence, and worthwhile.

PenguinsandPandas Thu 08-Feb-18 08:03:51

Our school lets children do cake sales for charity, often its a couple of them together and I presume the Mums/Dads bake the cakes.

Ohyesiam Thu 08-Feb-18 09:06:33

At about that age mine made loom band bracelets and sold then to the neighbours after seeing a programme about RNLI. They donated and got a certificate, which they loved.
It got my daughter thinking ( she's the in charge typewink) and she went on to ask her head teacher if she could organise cake sales at school. She also organised a school picnic, each family paying £1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now