Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Myhummy or Ewan

(14 Posts)
hayleys1 Wed 07-Feb-18 15:08:04

Hey,
I just wondered if anyone had any preference to the myhummy or Ewan for bedtime and naps? I've found that I'm using white noise a lot more recently when my DD is sleeping and currently using an app on my phone which I can leave on continuously but means I don't then have my phone! I have also thought about just getting a white noise speaker that you plug into the mains so just wondered if anyone had any advice on the best thing for white noise apart from my phone?!
Many thanks smile

MissWilmottsGhost Wed 07-Feb-18 15:12:55

Oh thank fuck for that.

I thought it was a baby name thread shock

MissWilmottsGhost Wed 07-Feb-18 15:14:15

sorry that's no help at all I know

NickMyLipple Wed 07-Feb-18 15:16:29

I've got an Ollie the owl. I like it because it has a sensor that turns on the white noise when the baby starts to stir.

LiquoricePickle Wed 07-Feb-18 15:17:16

MissWilmottsGhost...Me too!

hayleys1 Wed 07-Feb-18 16:57:54

Lol smile

fruityb Wed 07-Feb-18 17:00:52

We have Ewan and love it. Ds still has the harp music on at bedtime and he’s 18months. He’s had it since 4 months so it just knocks him out!

Smurfy23 Wed 07-Feb-18 21:48:25

We had a Ewan but then moved onto Ollie because of the noise sensor. It seemed like a cheaper version of myhummy when i researched it

Lemondrop99 Wed 07-Feb-18 22:56:11

Hot topic at the moment! Thread here that might help. My preference (after trying most options!) is for a proper mains powered white noise machine

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/sleep/3159801-which-white-noise-toy

Chesterlife Wed 14-Feb-18 23:04:58

I brought MyHummy but found that it wasn't loud enough for my little one and also when it starts to go off, it gets quieter and quieter till its completely off, then if my little one moves it will come back on. But I found little one woke up every time the myHummy went quieter and it wont turn back on loud enough until its completely turned off again. Which by this point my little one is screaming.
I hope that makes sense its hard to explain. Ive used white noise since she came home, but now I find it really hard to get her to sleep without using it.
Id be really interested if there was something else that you could use. I always worry about constantly using electronic device around her.

sthitch Wed 14-Feb-18 23:26:04

We have a MyHummy - used it on and off since birth (she’s 22 weeks) it’s ok- nothing special, quite quiet like others mention and quite tinny in sound - I wouldn’t have bothered with it if it didn’t have such great reviews. I rarely use it now and even when I do, I don’t think it really makes any difference. She’s moving into her own room soon so it might help then I guess? If you do get one, the sleepyhead is good as it’s at the top of her cot - I wouldn’t have anything in her cot - although I caught her kicking it the other day(well full on booting it) now she has found her feet so that’s what she must think of it!!!

mehhh Wed 14-Feb-18 23:43:49

We have a Ewan I play the harp type music every time she sleeps, she loves it... we had the womb noises when she was first born x

Trooperslane2 Thu 15-Feb-18 12:29:15

grin

I also thought this was a baby name thread - thank the holy good Jesus!!!!!!

Ewan was fantastic for us.

GingerAndTheBiscuits Thu 15-Feb-18 12:56:38

Dohm sound machine. Mains powered. Ours has been in use for 3 years all night every night and still going strong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now