Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

6 month old rolled off bed!

(22 Posts)
Lolly17 Fri 12-Jan-18 11:59:49

He seems fine but we've taken him to paediatrics to be safe. Little lip bruise and bump on head.

Hope all is good 😩

UnitedKungdom Fri 12-Jan-18 12:00:56

Welcome to the club. You have passed the entry exam😁

AcornToOak Fri 12-Jan-18 12:21:28

Ah my eldest did the same at that age, i had just got out the bath, took him out of his seat and put him in the middle of the bed, I turned around to get rid of my towel and he went kersplat, i was more hysterical than him grin it was fine though, at that age they still bounce really well, you have done the right thing by getting checked out smile im sure all will be ok smile

Lolly17 Fri 12-Jan-18 13:09:15

They weren't concerned at all thankfully. I was crying my eyes out, nevermind the baby!

I just felt so bad because it was my fault for leaving him there for a quick minute! Just a little sore lip, but that seems all 😫

AcornToOak Fri 12-Jan-18 14:36:55

Im glad he's alright grini completely understand how you feel but it happens, learn from it and move on smile

Rach000 Fri 12-Jan-18 16:56:43

My daughter did the same once at about the same age. I felt terrible, but she was fine. Think she was more shocked by it than hurt. As she was fine once she calmed down and stopped crying.
Don't feel too bad about it, it happens.

MotherOfDragons22 Fri 12-Jan-18 16:58:32

Am i the only one whos child made it past the baby stage without rolling off a bed? Watch your kids people. Its not a rite of passage its neglect. Specially as most know how quick they can roll. Invest in a playpen or something..

Newmrs22 Fri 12-Jan-18 18:29:30

Mother thats not exactly helpful. Well done for being perfect hmm

OP don't worry about it. I'm a neglectful mother too grin Mine fell off a sofa at 4ish months. He was fine. I felt awful. It just makes you more careful in future.

Lolly17 Sat 13-Jan-18 07:53:07

I'm a child neglecter, thanks for that.

ObiJuanKenobi Sat 13-Jan-18 08:05:57

What a ridiculous comment, three things happen! Your reaction alone shows how much you care thanks cuddles for him and a nice warm drink for you.

ObiJuanKenobi Sat 13-Jan-18 08:06:12

These, not three

Nicae Sat 13-Jan-18 08:10:28

My kids didn't roll off the bed but they have managed to fall down the stairs, head butt the corner of the dining table and in one particularly memorable (and terrifying moment) tip a high chair over whilst in it (older sister had a part to play on that one) whilst I have been right there all the time. It's frightening being a parent and I still need to toughen up - they have been absolutely fine each time. Accidents happen.

Shinybothways Sat 13-Jan-18 08:11:47

It’s a right of passage. At some point you will also probably bump his head getting him in or out of the car too.

Oblomov18 Sat 13-Jan-18 08:15:19

Was there really a need To go to A&E? It has happened to most parents. Happened to me. I frightened myself and was ashamed at my lack of attention. And then. You realise that most people actually do it. And that makes you feel minorly better.

seven201 Sat 13-Jan-18 08:19:36

On limo mov, that was my first thought too but as there was a bump to the head then it probably is best to take them.

Don't worry about it op. Mine hasn't fallen off the bed yet but I have managed to bump her off doorframes and bumped her head as I've put her in the car.

TeddyIsaHe Sat 13-Jan-18 08:20:33

Dd did the same. And to my absolute shame I called 111 to check she was ok and they sent a bloody ambulance.

TheQueenOfWands Sat 13-Jan-18 08:21:09

Awww, sweetie!

We've all done it. I promise.

Doesn't stop it being hideous but we've all been there.

AnotherRoadsideAttraction Sat 13-Jan-18 08:26:46

Yep, been there, done that! It's so shocking to hear the thud. Like you, I was more upset than DC. flowers

pastabest Sat 13-Jan-18 08:33:47

Mine somehow managed to fling herself off the sofa at 10 weeks old while I was sat next to her.

DP fell downstairs holding her when she was 5 months old resulting in a nasty bump

She started walking at 8.5 months old and has bashed her head on every piece of furniture/ door/ skirting board over the following weeks

She fell off the bed headfirst for the first time a few weeks ago at 11 months old.

We barely even registered it, she just giggled and carried on running towards the stairs

Luckingfovely Sat 13-Jan-18 08:36:09

Mother dfod.

My eldest did it right onto her nose and looked like an old man with a raspberry nose for a month! It happens. They bounce. Forgive yourself (and try and forget the thud!) thanks

UnitedKungdom Sat 13-Jan-18 10:40:11

Oh mother, I wish there were more mums out there like you. Then children would grow up without so much as a single bruise in their lifetime like your kids have.

moita Sat 13-Jan-18 20:20:40

My son rolled off the sofa at 4 months as well. I was motified. These things do happen (I partly blame sleep deprivation). I think these things are a good reminder to be more careful in the future.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: