Talk

Advanced search

Why is my 4 month old awake

(7 Posts)
Newtothismumthing1 Sat 16-Dec-17 00:06:23

Before I start an exhausted mother rant I’d like to point out I love my DD and love being being a SAHM whilst on mat leave, I just think i underestimated the torture that is broken sleep.
Never a great sleeper I guess on average DD would have 1 maybe 2 wake ups a night, however the last few weeks she is waking a ridiculous amount of times and I have no idea how to shake this habit. Last night was the absolute worse, I saw every hour!!
Currently I bath her at 6pm and feed her (brestfeed) with low lighting on and off until she drifts off- usually 9/10pm.
Tonight she finally went down at 10pm, she has already woken, (at 11.30pm wtf) and is now feeding. Why is she awake? She’s fed for hours before bed, her nappy is dry- why??!!! She’s also feeding for ages now during these wakes, rolling on to an hour at a time. The thought of another night like last night makes me want to cry, any reasoning or advise so greatly welcome.

notangelinajolie Sat 16-Dec-17 00:17:41

Did you go to bed? I used to stay up late and watch TV as I found it easier staying awake than going to sleep and then having to wake up again. I would gently change nappy/do another feed around 12.30 - 1am and then mine would sleep through till 8.

fidgettt Sat 16-Dec-17 00:25:36

I'm afraid the answer here is because she is 4 months old OP. they're just not reliable at that age I'm afraid! thankscakewine

AntiHop Sat 16-Dec-17 00:29:20

4 month sleep regression. It sucks. This too shall pass.

Newtothismumthing1 Sat 16-Dec-17 01:33:01

Is there anything I can do to make it pass?
Am trying to take the odd hour in between. The only way she sleeps is to sleep on me or DH but I fear that’s making a rod for our future.
Arghhh.....sorry just had to electronically scream.

fidgettt Sat 16-Dec-17 21:18:48

Probably not tbh OP. confused I think it's just about waiting it out, sadly. One day it will be over, I promise!

teaandbiscuitsforme Sat 16-Dec-17 22:11:37

Have you tried BF lying down? I'd google safe cosleeping and try to maximise your rest/sleep. It'll pass. She's still very young and the 1-2 wake ups you had been getting is very good for a BF baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now