Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Need to find tasty vitamin drops for toddler

(11 Posts)
user1486472583 Thu 14-Dec-17 21:27:03

My 19 month old toddler seems to have gone from one cold to the next ever since I stopped breastfeeding two months ago sad
I am trying to find him some vitamin supplement that he will take to build him up a bit. He hated the Wellbaby syrup. Trouble is it costs a lot to buy these things just to bin them so a recommendation would be great.
Just wondering if anyone has found a type that their little one actually likes.

thefutureisours Thu 14-Dec-17 21:30:25

We use abidec drops and just put them is his milk or water.

thefutureisours Thu 14-Dec-17 21:31:27

Although ds will eat or drink anything as long as it doesn't contain veg!

welshweasel Thu 14-Dec-17 21:31:28

Boots multivitamin liquid. It’s bright yellow but tasty enough. We give it in a calpol syringe in the bath before we do teeth. He also hated the wellbaby one (I agree it tastes vile).

Chaosofcalm Thu 14-Dec-17 21:34:14

We hide them in yoghurt.

Silverthorn Thu 14-Dec-17 21:44:44

I've been giving my 20mo the chewy fruity ones which his older brother has since he was about 1yo. I watch him with them. He hated the liquid stuff which tastes rank.

PaintingByNumbers Thu 14-Dec-17 21:46:05

We used to buy boots edible sweets ones, a bit like haribo. I know its not a liquid, but ....

MulhuddartDrive Thu 14-Dec-17 21:58:14

Yep, vitamin jellies all the way here too.

marl Thu 14-Dec-17 21:58:51

I would be careful about some of the jelly chewy ones though. I was surprised that the Bassets ones I had been giving my DS years ago contained aspartame/nutrasweet. DS, like several other children I know, has a bad reaction to this sweetener.

user1486472583 Wed 20-Dec-17 20:53:40

My little lad won't eat jelly sweets. He barfs at mandarin orange, grapes...anything squishy. I think it will have to be syrup. I will try the yellow Boots one! Thanks for the suggestions. xx

RidingMyBike Wed 20-Dec-17 22:56:51

You can mix the Wellbaby syrup into cereal or yogurt too. Although mine just slurps it off the spoon!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: