Talk

Advanced search

Vomiting

(9 Posts)
Meepmoop Thu 07-Dec-17 19:45:48

Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice/reassurance.

My DS is 4 1/2 months old has a cough and had his third lot of injections yesterday. Yesterday he had a bit of a fever and was crying lots. He also didn’t have much milk

Today he has been happier, feeding better, however he has just thrown up what seems to all of today’s milk. It seemed to be loads.

He then had a sleep and now seems okay.

I’m not sure if it’s his jabs or if he has coughed so much it caused him to be sick. When he coughs it’s a proper coughing fit.

Has anyone experienced this? I’m not sure what to do?

SeaToSki Thu 07-Dec-17 19:50:58

Does he still have a fever? If he doesn't and seems to be well in himself, just carry on, but be prepared for him to want to feed a bit more tonight to make up for the milk he vomitted. Things to watch for, reduced number of wet nappies, listlessness or getting floppy, his fontanel becoming sunken. They could all be sign of dehydration, which would mean you need proper medical advice asap

AnonEvent Thu 07-Dec-17 19:58:27

I'd have said the same as SeaTiSky re: what to look out for. It's also hard to know what temperature = danger, for us (when DD was 4mo), I panicked when her's hit 38 (and called 111).

All in all, don't worry when it comes to puke (DD wasn't a sicky baby so when she was sick it was always shocking), or even not eating (so long as your DC isn't very little for their age) it's all about the wees.

Meepmoop Thu 07-Dec-17 20:10:30

Thank you for your replies. We’re still getting wet nappies and some smiles so I’ll keep an eye on him.

He’s never been sick like that before so it was very scary.

Meepmoop Thu 07-Dec-17 20:15:30

Just taken his temp and it’s 36.8

AnonEvent Thu 07-Dec-17 20:44:37

DD (as mentioned, not a sicky baby) for a vomiting bug at 10 months old and the sheer volume was ASTOUNDING.

DH and I completely lost our shit, him dashing from the front room to the back room of the house, babe in arms, him wailing "oh darling, DARLING" me wailing after them "mind the carpets, mind the walls".

Some babies are sick all the time (my sister was like that). I think those parents get used to the volume of vom a baby can produce. For us it was genuinely shocking.

AnonEvent Thu 07-Dec-17 20:44:58

And 36.8 is a decent temp, maybe slightly elevated, but not a worry!

icantdothis2017 Fri 08-Dec-17 10:26:18

36.8 is not a elevated temp at all

AnonEvent Fri 08-Dec-17 12:47:33

https://www.calpol.co.uk/expert-advice/body-temperature-what-is-normal

"For a child a normal temp is considered to be 36.4"

So it 'may be' slightly elevated.

DD is usually a bit cooler than average (36.2 or so) so I'd register 36.8 as a minor elevation in her normal temperature.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now