Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Safeguarding at school

(5 Posts)
Maria25 Thu 07-Dec-17 14:59:13

I've raised a safeguarding about an incident that happened between my daughter and a boy in her class (year 4) on Monday. Haven't heard anything from the school who are aware that I was going to do it. What should I expect next? What's the timeline for these things? Any advice would be very gratefully received

MsElizabethBennet Thu 07-Dec-17 15:05:15

I would guess it depends on how serious the incident was. As a mum I would hope it would be quick responce. You could always ask for update today (if you are doing the pick up)

Maria25 Thu 07-Dec-17 15:48:24

I think it's pretty serious! I'm not sure the school agree with me tho. Would that influence their response or lack of do you think? I would say more but I'm conscious of privacy etc but i should say it wasn't bullying or physical - the school have recorded it apparently as 'sexual misconduct' on his record. I'm really disappointed with the way this has been dealt with by the school.

MsElizabethBennet Thu 07-Dec-17 16:08:32

From what you've said I would expect at least a very quick acknowledgement saying the timeframe they would hope to get back to you as I presume they would have to investigate the matter further.

Maria25 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:27:55

Apart from one conversation with head teacher on Tuesday afternoon when I informed her I would raise a safeguarding, no contact since. A social worker contacted me for more info yesterday so I know the school will be aware formally by now. I wanted to give them some time to gather info etc first but did expect some sort of response to say they are dealing with it from the school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now