Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Daughters first birthday/Christmas

(4 Posts)
Graceface26 Thu 07-Dec-17 00:12:45

I just wanted some opinions. My DD was born Christmas Day last year. My question is, would this count as her first Christmas? She was here last year for a bit of it technically but this will be the first one she'll be around for properly. Me and DH have a difference of opinion here! Also, any gift ideas for a 1 year old? It seems everyone has gone overboard on gift buying for her to account for both occasions (which is lovely) but i don't have a great deal of space and also she's only 1. So I'd like to stay away from toys and larger things. Any ideas otherwise? What are you getting/got for your 1 year olds?

KatyN Thu 07-Dec-17 05:32:28

You could go for membership or classes as a present?? We had zoo and aquarium membership, or your local soft play might do a discount card?
Swimming classes?

Mol1628 Thu 07-Dec-17 05:39:01

It’s her second Christmas.

What about some ‘thats not my books’.
Some nice pictures/decorations/bedding for her bedroom.

isthistoonosy Thu 07-Dec-17 05:44:01

I'd say this is her first as she arrived to late to get presents from the fat man last year.

I'd get a push along walker, mega blocks, trip to a petting farm. Honestly you could give her some wrapping paper and balloons and she would be happy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: