Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed please!!

(8 Posts)
mummykayxxx Wed 06-Dec-17 15:34:48

First time mummy! Just looking for some opinions/advice...
My six week old won't happily sit on his own in a bouncer etc whilst awake without getting grumpy.. he onl really likes to be held... or if he does it's only for a couple of minutes! I can't get anything done! Is this normal? Or if not how do I get him out of this??

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 06-Dec-17 15:37:48

Yes it's normal, for the last 9 months all he's known is you, your heartbeat and your voice. No wonder he doesn't want to be put down.

A sling is really useful here, I used to wear it round the house so that I could do bits and pieces whilst my baby was little. I had a stretchy boba wrap which was quite easy to put on.

user1493413286 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:42:13

Yep totally normal; I used to do the minimum around the house using the sling and anything else while she napped. It does pass quite quickly though, I have the wonder weeks leap which is about developmental leaps and I definitely noticed that when she went through the leap where she could see further she became a lot more settled under her baby gym or in her bouncer as she could physically see I was close and start to engage with toys and other sights

user1493413286 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:42:47

Wonder weeks app i mean

mummykayxxx Thu 07-Dec-17 06:01:42

Thank you guys!! Nice to hear it's not just me haha
Thanks again xx

isthistoonosy Thu 07-Dec-17 06:13:00

Also it is ok for them to be a bit grumpy now and then, while you use the loo, make tea and meals, eat etc. Mine started to love his baby gym from around two months.

Newtothismumthing1 Thu 07-Dec-17 06:20:38

Yep my DD hated the bouncer- however each day I did put her in it briefly to get used to it, sometimes she cried but eventually- probably by the end of 2nd month she was fine in it.

mummykayxxx Thu 07-Dec-17 15:26:46

This is perfect thanks guys! Was starting to think I had a very grumpy baby haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now