Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Advice needed please!!

(8 Posts)
mummykayxxx Wed 06-Dec-17 15:34:48

First time mummy! Just looking for some opinions/advice...
My six week old won't happily sit on his own in a bouncer etc whilst awake without getting grumpy.. he onl really likes to be held... or if he does it's only for a couple of minutes! I can't get anything done! Is this normal? Or if not how do I get him out of this??

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 06-Dec-17 15:37:48

Yes it's normal, for the last 9 months all he's known is you, your heartbeat and your voice. No wonder he doesn't want to be put down.

A sling is really useful here, I used to wear it round the house so that I could do bits and pieces whilst my baby was little. I had a stretchy boba wrap which was quite easy to put on.

user1493413286 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:42:13

Yep totally normal; I used to do the minimum around the house using the sling and anything else while she napped. It does pass quite quickly though, I have the wonder weeks leap which is about developmental leaps and I definitely noticed that when she went through the leap where she could see further she became a lot more settled under her baby gym or in her bouncer as she could physically see I was close and start to engage with toys and other sights

user1493413286 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:42:47

Wonder weeks app i mean

mummykayxxx Thu 07-Dec-17 06:01:42

Thank you guys!! Nice to hear it's not just me haha
Thanks again xx

isthistoonosy Thu 07-Dec-17 06:13:00

Also it is ok for them to be a bit grumpy now and then, while you use the loo, make tea and meals, eat etc. Mine started to love his baby gym from around two months.

Newtothismumthing1 Thu 07-Dec-17 06:20:38

Yep my DD hated the bouncer- however each day I did put her in it briefly to get used to it, sometimes she cried but eventually- probably by the end of 2nd month she was fine in it.

mummykayxxx Thu 07-Dec-17 15:26:46

This is perfect thanks guys! Was starting to think I had a very grumpy baby haha

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: