Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Getting dressed in the morning - 4yo

(4 Posts)
CarrotPuff Tue 05-Dec-17 20:18:38

My DS is driving me up the wall. He just won't get dressed in the morning. He won't let me get him dressed either. He just laughs in my face and runs away.

Every morning is a battle, I'm losing my will to live. Please help 😩

WreckTangled Tue 05-Dec-17 20:20:35

Get a small sand timer and tell him it's a race to see if he can beat it. It's always worked for mine!

cocopops88 Tue 05-Dec-17 20:41:33

Agree .. sand timer, sticker on chart or Mable in pot etc.. treat at end of week if all 7 days complete.. eg magazine, watch a Film, doesn't have to be a big treat! Can add putting clothes in washbasket etc as part of getting reward.

BellyBean Tue 05-Dec-17 21:23:29

My DD refused to enter into playful games to encourage her to get dressed, and would get upset if tried to do timer etc, would often say she couldn't do it (but demonstrably could if she wanted to) so I implemented the thinking spot. Get dressed or thinking spot, your choice. No toys, no chat, returned to spot until willing/'able' to get dressed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: