Talk

Advanced search

Fussy eater alert!

(7 Posts)
Itsallfuckery Tue 05-Dec-17 17:32:24

Just wondering what you all include in your little ones lunch boxes as a ‘main’. My ds won’t touch sandwiches and it makes life so hard. He went through a phase of tolerating wraps, but even that’s now hard work. He won’t eat sausage rolls or pizza slices or any alternatives that my dd will. I know that pasta salad is an option, but he’s so fussy that pasta is often a go to evening meal for him when he won’t eat what the rest of us are. I’m stuck. And fed up of him bringing home anything I try, and being hangry after school! There must be other fussy eaters out there!

bingebiscuiteater Tue 05-Dec-17 18:39:00

How about noodles mixed with various veggies? Try this. It might work.

headintheproverbial Tue 05-Dec-17 18:55:29

What about 'picky things'. So cheese cubes, rolls of ham, cucumber and carrot sticks, crackers, some fruit etc? I do that in a yum box and DS4 loves it.

Itsallfuckery Tue 05-Dec-17 20:25:42

Excellent, thank you! A few ideas there to be going on with. He really is a nightmare to pack lunch for. But he does like everything mentioned, so I will try these. I think I’ve become very focussed on ‘filling carbs’ if I move away from this we could have a winner!

Trailedanderror Tue 05-Dec-17 20:54:59

Can he not have school lunches?

Nemesia Tue 05-Dec-17 20:57:21

Would he tolerate dry biscuits like cream crackers or Ritz?

Itsallfuckery Tue 05-Dec-17 22:07:21

Some school lunches he loves, I also love these days too! But for every day, he’s far too fussy and he also likes to sit with his friends on packed lunches to eat. We try to do a combination.

Crackers are something he’s eaten in the past, like wraps, but he soon tires of foods. I’ve not tried crackers and cheese for a while so that’s another for the list, thankyou!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now