Talk

Advanced search

I love my baby so much I cry...

(11 Posts)
PasstheStarmix Tue 05-Dec-17 17:16:35

Hi, I love my 9 month old so much i literally sit and cry. When he goes to bed in the evening I'm pleased to have my own time with DH don't get me wrong. However by morning I need to cuddle Ds and smell his hair so bad....the love I feel is overwhelming and all consuming. Never knew being a parent felt like this.

Does anybody else do this or am I the only tired and emotional wreck!?!

DearMrDilkington Tue 05-Dec-17 17:26:02

Are you feeling ok apart from this? It doesn't sound very healthy to sit and cry over how much you love him.

PasstheStarmix Tue 05-Dec-17 17:27:53

Yeah I'm feeling fine, I won't lie it has been a tough year but I'm happy enough and looking forward to Christmas. smile

Fekko Tue 05-Dec-17 17:28:43

Wait until he is a grumpy smelly teen. You still love them but from afar...

DearMrDilkington Tue 05-Dec-17 17:30:04

As long as your happy then I guess that's the main thing. Have a lovely Christmas and enjoy your ds fgrin

MamaMotherMummy Tue 05-Dec-17 17:32:08

If you didn't love til you cry sometimes you're not living to the full, in my book. Enjoy your DS and your DH

KatieKookaburra26 Tue 05-Dec-17 17:34:28

I’m like this with my dc

jay95 Tue 05-Dec-17 17:34:51

That's lovely. Intense emotion - what's wrong with that, especially as you feel well and are looking forward to the future. It's the grounding for a long, loving relationship as a parent.

sickofbeingsickk Tue 05-Dec-17 17:39:36

I still shed at tear over my 18 month old! It is perfectly healthy and lovely smile ps. I recommend reading on the night you were born, Nancy Tillman Children's books. Floods right there.

Notsooriginalwerther Tue 05-Dec-17 17:41:51

I completely understand this, it’s when you’re thinking about them and just how incredible they are to you that it suddenly becomes so overwhelming to feel so strongly for someone, the little person you made and it literally becomes too much for your head to handle! It’s like it bursts out from the seams. I’ve definately had those moments, I’ve also had the moment where I give her an angry stern look at 3:00am when she’s blowing raspberries and remind myself I love her dearly and not to run off into the night to start a new life or sleep in a bush. grin

PasstheStarmix Tue 05-Dec-17 19:06:59

Aww thank you everyone for your lovely replies.sickofbeingsickk I'll check out the book! I'm a right softie shock
Notsooriginalwerther The sleeping in a bush has seemed very tempting at times so I'm with you on that one! In fact no shrubs needed i'd have probably laid out on the back lawn just to sleep in the early days haha.
Have a lovely Christmas all you lovely ladies x fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now