Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Granddaughter and savings book

(6 Posts)
user1497997754 Tue 05-Dec-17 07:33:37

When I was young I had a savings book and my mum would take me to abbey national bank and I would pay in birthday money....I would like to do this for my granddaughter does anyone know which bank or building society has the facility thanks

littleflowershop Tue 05-Dec-17 07:37:44

Morning!

I'm sure Nationwide do a cash builder style savings book for children as opposed to all online.

treaclesoda Tue 05-Dec-17 07:39:46

Halifax used to do it, although I'm not sure if they still do.

LRL2017 Tue 05-Dec-17 07:41:33

Halifax don't do the books anymore. I have set a bank account up for our 3 month old and you just get a cardboard card until she is 7 and only one person can be named on the account to do anything with it (you can transfer in from online banking though)

littleflowershop Tue 05-Dec-17 07:41:40

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/savings/smart/features-and-benefits

Just checked, nationwide still do but only if you open the account in branch

mindutopia Tue 05-Dec-17 10:26:00

Most banks do a children's saving account. We have one set up for ours which is linked to one of current accounts, so I would have the parents set one up. Then you can set up either a standing order (we do this online and money goes in from each of us every month) or you can go directly to the bank and pay in if you wish. Ours is with Lloyds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now