Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Neocate advice

(8 Posts)
KLG3101 Mon 04-Dec-17 22:45:51

DD2 is 13 weeks and had been on neocate for 6 weeks now. She has terrible reflux which is (kind of) under control wry Omeprazole although still very sick.

Neocate was prescribed due to wheezing, extremely dry skin (from birth) and generally being unsettled.

Her colic is still horrendous but she’s so windy on neocate. Every feed is agonising for both of us and she’ll whinge / cry most of the day. Her dry skin hasn’t cleared up on the milk and I suspect wheezing might have been a cold.

Anyone have any experience of moving back to normal formula and it being ok?

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 05-Dec-17 20:55:26

Which Neocate is she on OP? Is it the amino based one or the dairy one?

KLG3101 Tue 05-Dec-17 23:16:36

Neocate LCP 0-12months. I tried her on HIPP Orgsnic Confort Colic milk this afternoon and thus far no congestion, rash or sickness other than usual mouthfuls when burped. Yes it’s only one bottle so will take a few days to notice anything untoward. Still colicky but could that lady till 6 months? shock

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 06-Dec-17 07:31:40

Still colicky but could that lady till 6 months? shock Youve lost me there unfortunately.

KLG3101 Wed 06-Dec-17 08:30:28

Sorry - last till 6 months!

MiaowTheCat Wed 06-Dec-17 19:50:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sparklyuggs Fri 08-Dec-17 12:11:04

I have to add carobel to neocate.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Fri 08-Dec-17 20:16:20

That’s awfulness Miaow but glad your DD is doing well and your HV was supportive.

@KLG3101 have you tried any of the suggestions? 🙂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: