Talk

Advanced search

Neocate advice

(8 Posts)
KLG3101 Mon 04-Dec-17 22:45:51

DD2 is 13 weeks and had been on neocate for 6 weeks now. She has terrible reflux which is (kind of) under control wry Omeprazole although still very sick.

Neocate was prescribed due to wheezing, extremely dry skin (from birth) and generally being unsettled.

Her colic is still horrendous but she’s so windy on neocate. Every feed is agonising for both of us and she’ll whinge / cry most of the day. Her dry skin hasn’t cleared up on the milk and I suspect wheezing might have been a cold.

Anyone have any experience of moving back to normal formula and it being ok?

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 05-Dec-17 20:55:26

Which Neocate is she on OP? Is it the amino based one or the dairy one?

KLG3101 Tue 05-Dec-17 23:16:36

Neocate LCP 0-12months. I tried her on HIPP Orgsnic Confort Colic milk this afternoon and thus far no congestion, rash or sickness other than usual mouthfuls when burped. Yes it’s only one bottle so will take a few days to notice anything untoward. Still colicky but could that lady till 6 months? shock

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 06-Dec-17 07:31:40

Still colicky but could that lady till 6 months? shock Youve lost me there unfortunately.

KLG3101 Wed 06-Dec-17 08:30:28

Sorry - last till 6 months!

MiaowTheCat Wed 06-Dec-17 19:50:03

Took a long while for DD2 to adjust to the thinner texture of the Neocate and she was hell with trapped wind for a good month or so. We dropped right back down teat sizes which helped a bit and generally just time and burping the absolute snot out of her.

In our case, at the penny-pinching GP's bullying (and in direct defiance of what had been said from the lead NHS dietician) we got forced back onto a lower level allergy formula - and the negative reaction was absolutely immediate - within 10 minutes I had a red blotchy screaming in pain baby on my hands which I videoed as evidence... following morning the GP had an absolutely livid health visitor staging a sit-in at the surgery refusing to leave until I had a Neocate repeat prescription sorted out.

If it's any consolation... DD2 now as a reception age kid is the happiest, sweetest natured little girl you could ever hope to meet to counteract the absolute hell we went through with her as a baby!

Sparklyuggs Fri 08-Dec-17 12:11:04

I have to add carobel to neocate.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Fri 08-Dec-17 20:16:20

That’s awfulness Miaow but glad your DD is doing well and your HV was supportive.

@KLG3101 have you tried any of the suggestions? 🙂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now