Talk

Advanced search

Kids on holiday with ex husband and his girlfriend

(7 Posts)
MACca987 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:38:39

Ok I need some help, mentally. My husband and I have been together for 20 years and have 2 kids now 17 and 13years old. He had an affair 2 1/2 year ago. We split up but got back together after 6 months apart. We bought a new house in December 2015 but he left again in February 2016. About 6 months after he told me that he was seeing the girl who he had the affair with ( he’s 46 and she’s 25ish). I’ve never had any mental health issues but the last few years I have had counselling, life coaching and have been hypnotised as well as anti depressants. I think they are living together now and he is taking the kids away with his family and her next August. I have just broke down in tears and can’t seem to cope with the fact that my kids are going on holiday with this girl who is only approximately 8 years older than our son. I need some help - please has anyone else had to deal with this and how did you cope. I’m in bits here.

MACca987 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:39:32

Can I just add - yes we are separated but we are stil married

Chaosofcalm Tue 05-Dec-17 06:51:31

I have no experience of this but it should like you are grieving for the life that you had the future you had planned.

Relationship board might give you better advice.

MaisyPops Tue 05-Dec-17 06:54:01

No experience here but it sounds like you're going through the normal process of trying to get your head around everything.
It must have been such an upheaval for you all.
But I tell you what, all credit ti you for enabling your children to still have that relationship with him. He was a dickhead in your relationship, but he's still they're dad. You seem very strong OP. flowers

Bibbidee Tue 05-Dec-17 07:12:22

@MACca987 I'm not surprised you're having trouble dealing with this. It's a headfuck! Each day will get easier and each new pile of shite will get easier to mop up through practice. It's a learning curve having to cope with Infidelity and watching your ex galavanting with a younger OW but we get through it because we have to for our kids. Knowing you're not alone in the shit, that me and MANY MANY others are standing alongside you should I hope, give you some comfort. We got this shit OP, they're not going to break us with their pathetic MLC and entitlement along the lines of 'I deserve to be happy' bullshit! We'll get there!

'You gotta keep on keeping on!' 💐

waterrat Tue 05-Dec-17 11:35:28

Op it's a truly life shattering experience to go through - you should have a look at the relationships board, there is really good support there for people going through this. If you start a thread there you may get people who have been through this.

Sometimes in life it's just the truth that what we are going through is agonisingly painful - but we will come out the other side.

You are their mother - a girl / young woman who shares a holiday with them is not a threat to that. Please don't allow something that is happening in several months to ruin your peace of mind.

MACca987 Tue 05-Dec-17 17:54:25

Thank you everyone x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now