Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Potty training

(4 Posts)
chanlou101 Mon 04-Dec-17 19:54:45

My daughter is 15 months old, was just wondering what age your started to potty train them????????

AssassinatedBeauty Mon 04-Dec-17 20:01:53

When they're ready, which really depends on the child. I think it helps if they have some verbal ability as it helps them communicate to you that they need a wee/poo.

My DS1 was 2.75 years old when we did potty training, and he was trained in a few days. Before then we'd had a potty around the house which was a familiar object and he knew what it was for.

From seeing other people's children the ages have ranged from around 2 to 3.

chanlou101 Mon 04-Dec-17 20:03:43

Great thank you, I have a potty and she will sit on it, she Don't see to be interested in it yet maybe if I try after Christmas and see how it goes,

MonkeyBrainsInPickle Mon 04-Dec-17 20:57:53

My understanding is that 18 months is the absolute minimum age as they have no control before then. However, very few kids are ready at 18 months and between 2 to 3 years is more realistic. If they start saying that they need a poo before they do it that’s a good sign.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: