Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

1 month old constantly sicking up

(7 Posts)
siddus Sat 02-Dec-17 09:06:35

Our 1 month old seems to always sick up if laid on her back. It doesn't seem to matter of she's been burped or not, if the feed is recent or not, etc. She is a breast fed baby.
Please help as we currently have zero confidence in putting her down for even just a minute.

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Sat 02-Dec-17 09:09:21

This sounds like reflux. You have my sympathies. Raise the cot using towels under the mattress, keep baby up a good 20 minutes after feeds. Visit your GP who will likely fob you off for a while, but persist and you will get some medicine to help. FYI infant gaviscon is hopeless, you'll probably need ranitidine.

MagicFajita Sat 02-Dec-17 09:19:18

Definitely sounds like reflux op. My five week old suffers with it.

If it is reflux there are things you can do to help like keeping your baby propped up for up to 30 minutes after a feed , winding often and keeping your baby as calm as possible.

My daughter had reflux too and grew out of it by about 12 weeks , it wasn't medicated. I'm hoping my son grows out of it too.

Good luck and I hope you find a solution and a supportive doctor/health visitor.

RaeSkywalker Sat 02-Dec-17 09:21:21

Yep, sounds like reflux- I remember those days well!

As a pp has said, holding baby upright for half an hour after a feed helps. Does she seem uncomfortable/ in pain?

RaeSkywalker Sat 02-Dec-17 09:22:26

Also, have you had her weighed recently? DS lost weight over last Christmas due to reflux and was medicated as a result, so it’s worth keeping an eye on.

siddus Sat 02-Dec-17 09:27:42

Our first had reflux issues too so I agree it sounds like the same this time. That said, it was never as bad as this and we already do all the things that have been suggested without much success.

DropZoneOne Sat 02-Dec-17 09:31:23

Reflux! My DD had it, ended up on a variety of medication because the usual advice made no difference.

But the advice above about raising cot / pram and keeping upright after a feed should help.

Getting gaviscon into a bf baby can be done. I expressed milk, mixed it with that. Bf one side, gave gaviscon/milk mix in a bottle, then finished bf on other side.

We also had ranitidine and domperidone but dd was prem so it seemed to take longer for her system to mature.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: