Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Vitamins

(4 Posts)
whyIsARavenLikeAWritingDesk Fri 01-Dec-17 23:16:49

My 12m DD has a dairy allergy and also seems to be drastically reducing her milk intake and upping food! I've heard lots of people saying babies should be having vitamins...
what kind of vitamins?
Should I be speaking to a HV?
Nothing has ever been mentioned to me about taking extra vitamins so I don't know if I should be doing

InDubiousBattle Fri 01-Dec-17 23:21:15

My gp surgery sell vitamin drops. Your hv will definitely be able to help. Current advice is that once babies stop having a certain amount of formula (can't remember how much but about a pint a day if I remember rightly )they need vitamin supplements until they turn 5. I get them down mine when I can but they hate them all.

Chaosofcalm Sun 03-Dec-17 22:06:41

from 6 months to 5 years those having less than 17oz of formula a day should have vitamins. We just buy them at the supermarket.

I mix them in with my DD soya yoghurts.

As your DD has a milk allergy I would expect you to be seeing a dietitian and they should have explained this.

PurplePillowCase Sun 03-Dec-17 22:10:42

dc should have vit d3 at least.
maybe ask at a chemist to make sure about the allergies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now