Talk

Advanced search

Dinner time

(6 Posts)
user9217 Wed 29-Nov-17 16:56:24

Bit random just thought I'd get an idea. What time do your (under 5 year old) children have their evening meal at home and what things/situations do you have to factor in for some days eg Work, bath, Nursery etc smile

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 29-Nov-17 18:36:07

Mine used to, and still do usually get their evening meal at 5pm.

CarrotPuff Wed 29-Nov-17 19:51:22

Same here, 5-5.30, although when they go to childminder they eat at 4 and then have a snack at 5.30

Fuckingsickofpeppa Wed 29-Nov-17 19:52:45

We are usually 5ish. Depends on what else has been eaten through the day and what we've been up to. Swimming lesson day dinner is usually demanded when we get back at 4ish hmm

mindutopia Thu 30-Nov-17 12:20:04

Dinner in our house is at 6:30pm. DD is 4. That's just what time we can manage to get it cooked and on the table. Before she was in school, I didn't pick her up from nursery until 5, so by the time we got home, got dinner prepped and cooked, it was 6:30, so that's what time we've done it since she was old enough to be having family meals every night with us. When she was a baby/young toddler (up til just before 2), she did eat earlier around 5-5:30 so we could get her to bed a bit earlier. She's in primary school now, but it's the same really. By the time we get home, she has a snack (about 3:30-4pm), we do homework, I do things around the house, dh is home around 4:30-5, we do dishes, cook dinner, etc. it's still 6:30. She's upstairs having her bath by 7ish and then in bed for 7:30-8pm.

user9217 Thu 30-Nov-17 20:24:15

Thank you for replying! Quite a mixture here then, I worry a little that my DS dinner times vary so much due to work days non work days Nursery says out etc. Can actually vary quite largely between 5-6:45/7 ish!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now