Talk

Advanced search

5 month old really miserable

(4 Posts)
AnxietyStrikes Wed 29-Nov-17 16:39:46

Hi, I'm looking for reassurance really.

Dd has all ways been pretty hard work but I thought we had turned a corner recently as she started smiling and laughing.

The last couple of days everything has been turned upside down again! I can't put her down, she's cries constantly and will not nap. Getting her off to sleep at night has become a 3 hour job.

When are things going to get better? After 5 months I am exhausted. I feel very down and depressed

Smurfy23 Wed 29-Nov-17 16:49:36

Dd is also 5 months and having a pretty poor time of it- quite emotional and clingy. Has become a poor sleeper. Im putting it down to a combination of her being in a leap and teething. Shes been like this before, it will pass. My advice is find ways to make it easier until it does. I know DD is easier to manage if im out so we go out when shes like this. Even if its just walking around the park, I can get her to nap. Is there anyone who can help with bedtime to make it easier? Or at least give you a break at some point? It will pass and your smiley happy daughter will come back.

arbrighton Thu 30-Nov-17 19:10:14

Have you got the Wonder Weeks app?

gamerpigeon Thu 30-Nov-17 19:11:19

Is it teething? Wonder Weeks is also great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now