Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Baby carrot allergy?

(16 Posts)
Xmaxsmumx Wed 29-Nov-17 14:06:20

My baby has acid reflux and cows milk intolerance. We d started weaning him early at 5 months with literally zero help from dr / health visitor etc. I've tried a couple of times pureed carrots with sweet potatoe , carrot & turnip etc and on occasion he cries inconsolably and the only common thing I've come to is it's after carrots each time. Sweet potato or white potatoe he seems fine on. But as he has reflux and cma is really difficult to know if it's not his reflux kicking off or if he's just eaten too mum and hot stomach ache. Anyone else have experience like this?

Chaosofcalm Wed 29-Nov-17 16:34:59

Maybe it is too much fiber. If you have not been medically advised to wean early I would just stop all food until 6 months and his digestive system is more developed.

Xmaxsmumx Wed 29-Nov-17 16:43:55

I have been told by the paediatrician to wean him early because of his illnesses. But they'v just sent me on my way without any advise on anything other than just get on with it 🙄

Chaosofcalm Wed 29-Nov-17 16:49:57

That was not very helpful of them. I would just avoid carrot for now.

There is a weaning board on MN that might be more helpful.

Xmaxsmumx Wed 29-Nov-17 17:58:50

No I know, annoying 🙄 I asked the dr and health visitor both to refer us and neither seem to want to help. I'm going to try and steer clear of carrots as you say.. I did give him puréed carrot turnip and white potato today though .. would that combination on a while be too much fibre dya think? Cz he normally has all his mash potatoes , white or sweet?

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 29-Nov-17 18:38:44

Yes avoid all carrot for now. Have yiu managed to find the MN Allergy Board yet? 🙂

Xmaxsmumx Wed 29-Nov-17 19:00:49

No I don't know how to find it I don't really know how to work net mums that well ,I'll have another go now the baby's gone to bed? X

Xmaxsmumx Wed 29-Nov-17 19:01:26

What does mn stand for??

Xmaxsmumx Wed 29-Nov-17 19:02:26

Omg forget I asked what mn stands for 🤣

Chaosofcalm Wed 29-Nov-17 19:05:15

MN is mumsnet. The site you are on now.

We did blw so I don’t know much about puree.

Here is a link to all the boards www.mumsnet.com/Talk

Passmethecrisps Wed 29-Nov-17 19:06:27

Hi. I had a baby with serious reflux and CMPI and chose to wait until 6 months to wean. As your HV has provided you with no help or guidance I would suggest you do the same. The reason they can advise it is to start adding weightier food to their diet which is less likely to be brought back up. If you are ok with baby’s current diet then it may be better to wait.

As for a referral to the dietitian to talk through introducing potentially problematic foods.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 29-Nov-17 19:11:13

MN stands for Mumsnet. There a list of the MN acronyms here?

The allergies Board is here and the Weaning Board is here. HTH 🙂

Xmaxsmumx Wed 29-Nov-17 20:07:04

🤣🤣🤣🤣 thank you very much that's very helpful xx

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Thu 30-Nov-17 15:57:45

How is he today Xmas?

Xmaxsmumx Thu 30-Nov-17 16:22:05

Perfectly fine.. he had a nap yesterday after crying in pain but woke up ok-ish, still a little grizzley. I stuck to just sweet potato today. Is there anything wrong with giving him 3 things all mashed down like I did for babies so little? Other than not knowing which is it he's not taken to.. pureeing 3veg together for him wouldn't cause anything would it?? Maybe he just ate too much! Confused. He was really really crying though and he's not even a cryer xx

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Thu 30-Nov-17 16:27:56

It could simply be that he gut isn’t mature enough to cope with it, but there again it could be an allergy. It’s so hard to tell.

If you think he’s reacting to foods, could you offer just one at a time rather than combining them together?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: