Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Stocking up baby's medicine cabinet - what do I need?

(6 Posts)
user1493537180 Tue 14-Nov-17 16:30:39

Afternoon all! I've got a 9 week old son and currently live overseas. Medicine for babies here is incredibly expensive (we're talking 15 quid for a tube of cream for nappy rash!) and everything seems to be in suppository form!

I'm heading back to the UK in a couple of weeks so wanted to stock up on things like calpol etc but wanted to ask for advice on what to get. I'm thinking I'll need painkillers (calpol), stuff for teething, stuff for colds/blocked nose. Any suggestions on what I should buy (apart from nappy cream wink)??

readyforno2 Tue 14-Nov-17 16:31:19

Anbesol. It's brilliant for teething

dementedpixie Tue 14-Nov-17 16:41:15

Saline nasal spray, paracetamol, ibuprofen, sudocrem, metanium, olbas oil, snufflebabe

sthitch Tue 14-Nov-17 23:04:29

Which country are you living in? Just check what you can bring in as some countries are funny about medicines.

But I agree with the above - calpol, sudacrem, random one but we have had to use caniston for a bacterial nappy rash - I don’t know how expensive that is there or if it’s needed but if using wipes then you may need it. (We can’t use wipes now sad).

TheBitterBoy Tue 14-Nov-17 23:09:03

I would consider a bottle of infant piriton, a godsend for prickly heat rash, insect bite reactions and my main use, when the dreaded chicken pox strikes.

GherkinSnatch Tue 14-Nov-17 23:15:11

Calpol, infant neurofen (with usual warming of DO NOT give nurofen if you ever suspect chicken pox), anbesol, savlon antiseptic cream, sudocrem/metanium, snufflebabe/baby olbas oils.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: