Talk

Advanced search

Breathe

(9 Posts)
mummmyj Sat 11-Nov-17 08:26:33

Hi mums,

Just had my gorgeous DD, she is 9 days but I feel like I can’t breathe. I am soooo worried and anxious about everything feel like I gonna have a panic attack!! Already have a DS but a lot older now so do not remember these early days but worry about her breathing, feeding (too little all the time and a struggle to do), google EVERYTHING which is not good!! just watch her all the time, is there anyone else who feels like this or remembers feeling like this? Thanks

EssentialHummus Sat 11-Nov-17 08:36:31

DD is 9 weeks now and that sounds very familiar. Feeding little and often, with some pain or discomfort is (ime) normal, though I’d go to a local BF cafe when you can so someone can check your latch. Lots of Lansinoh in the meantime!

And yes, I still sometimes watch DD for hours. She’s very new, no wonder you’re still settling into things.

Do you have help? Is anyone else with you and your DC?

EssentialHummus Sat 11-Nov-17 08:36:46

And congratulations! flowers

alltalknobaby Sat 11-Nov-17 08:53:21

Normal in my experience. I believe it’s hormonal and it does wear off. Mine was so bad that I couldn’t sleep for my heart racing, and DD was only downstairs with her daddy 😂 Congratulations 😊

mummmyj Sat 11-Nov-17 09:10:08

Thanks for the messages guys and the congrats, congratulations in returnflowerssmile and yes I do have a lot of support from my DH he is great but a man will never understand the baby blues!! makes you feel a hell of a lot better knowing that we all go through the same!! Feel exactly the same as I actually cannot leave DD in front room with DH when he tells me to go to bed it’s impossible and I’m sure he thinks I’m strange watching her all the timehmm this whole Experience is so overwhelming but I know so fleeting and keep telling myself to just enjoy while she is so little but who else thinks the internet advice is a one way street to hell apart from netmums as it is all so conflicting and you feel like running to docs every five mins?? X

mummmyj Sat 11-Nov-17 09:10:36

Sorry for essaysmilesmilesmilesmile xxx

mummmyj Sat 11-Nov-17 09:23:32

Sorry also what is Lansinoh?? X

EssentialHummus Sat 11-Nov-17 10:56:48

Lansinoh is a nipple cream made of lanolin, which soothes cracked or sore nipples. Highly recommended. You can get lanolin on prescription (very few people know this, apparently).

mummmyj Sat 11-Nov-17 14:27:15

Never heard of it, thanks for the tip and will ask health visitor Monday x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now