Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How often does your 6 month old BF in the day.

(7 Posts)
FortheloveofJames Fri 10-Nov-17 13:21:01

DS is coming up for 6 months now. I’m a first time mum so this is all new to me!

Was just looking to get a feel for how often everyone’s else’s little ones BF during the day at this age. He currently only has 4 feeds during the day, and the 3rd one I pretty much have to force him to take and it can take a while to get him to latch for a decent amount of time. He never ever hassles me for it and it’s always me offering because I feel he’d go hours if I didn’t offer. If I try and offer too much he gets upset. He just doesn’t seem too bothered about feeding in the day but is still keen to do it at nighttime!

EightyNine Fri 10-Nov-17 13:34:17

I think they're all different. My DS1 and DS2 were eating every 3 hours up until the point of weaning at 6 months. I'm sure there's any number of variations of what's normal smile
They were also both still on two feeds (at least) at night, tho some of those were just for comfort.

ZZZZ1111 Fri 10-Nov-17 20:30:50

It’s just so variable!

At six months it was about every 3 hours in the day, and a million times during the night smile

Orangedaisy Fri 10-Nov-17 20:32:26

DD is 8 months so a bit older but has been on about 3-4 in the day and a gazillion at night for what feels like a long time now.

Moretimeneeded2 Fri 10-Nov-17 21:02:32

About every 3/4 hours during the day and one at night. It’s usually me that encourages the feeds during the day otherwise he’d happily go for hours without!

tappitytaptap Sat 11-Nov-17 14:53:09

At that age still about 6 or 7 times in the day and once at night. I offered lots during the day to fill him up to do longer stretches at night which seemed to work.

Spam88 Sat 11-Nov-17 14:59:06

Like every hour 🙈 she’ll only feed for a few minutes at a time though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now