Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

My ex partner and his new partner

(3 Posts)
Minefield1982 Fri 10-Nov-17 08:16:12

I have a baby girl who has just turned one year old ,I have been in a relationship for three years now with my partner, i have another child who is seven with my ex , he sees his son three days a week he has a new partner well when I say new they have been together for about 10 months now she does seem very nice to my son and my ex seems happy and I didn’t have a problem with her UNTIL she came to my house with my ex a few times and has made comments about my baby girl and how small she is my daughter has been to health visitor and doctor now because of these comments and they told me she is perfect height and weight and she is doing really well , every time I see his ex and she makes this comment I want to punch her in the face I know I’m over reacting but she made me paranoid that there was something wrong with my child , should I say something or just keep quiet my partner says I shouldn’t say anything cause it will just cause an argument but he doesn’t like confrontation where as usually if I want to say something I will any advice on if I should and what I should say to them 🙄

Migraleve Fri 10-Nov-17 08:24:00

Say to her you appreciate her concern, as you obviously all have DC's best interests at heart, and that you took her comments on board and had the DC seen by a medic who confirmed that there are no concerns.

user1493413286 Fri 10-Nov-17 15:27:55

I’d say in a nice friendly way ‘what makes you say that? My hv says she’s perfect for her age’
It shouldn’t lead to an argument that way but does gently challenge it. I’m genuinely wondering if she just doesn’t see many babies so thinks they’re all small or knows a couple of masive ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now