Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

The clothes battle!

(4 Posts)
SleepForTheWeek Thu 09-Nov-17 19:17:48

DD is 3 and has just started nursery 5 afternoons a week. I had started putting her uniform on (just a polo shirt/ jumper and black leggings) in the morning but after a few days she started to protest and wanted her normal clothes on in the morning. I let her, as tbh it saved her nursery clothes getting grubby before she’d even left the house and she’s put them on with no fuss after her lunch.

However, this last week she has been refusing any of her ‘normal‘ clothes I choose in the morning. She always wants to choose, which would be fine if it weren’t the same couple of short sleeved tshirts and leggings every day!! She’s got so many beautiful autumnal clothing but I can’t get them on her without a fight!

Should I just relax and let her chose her clothes even though she looks like a scruff to save the battle, or should I put my foot down?

Justbookedasummmerholiday Thu 09-Nov-17 19:19:17

Let her choose during the week if she agrees you choose at the weekend.

SleepForTheWeek Thu 09-Nov-17 19:29:00

Yes I could try that with her, although she’s very much an ‘on the day’ kind of girl 😂

RebelRogue Thu 09-Nov-17 20:03:44

She’s going to nursery. She’ll look scruffy at the end of the day anyways. Might as well save yourself the trouble and send her in like that. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: