Talk

Advanced search

Does it get any easier to leave them?

(7 Posts)
pickledmommy Thu 09-Nov-17 09:11:36

Just mid way through my second week returning to work after having my first LO and i'm struggling with leaving him. I miss him so much i could cry. Does this feeling ever go away or at least get easier to cope with? Would love to hear some other peoples experience.

thepatchworkcat Thu 09-Nov-17 09:13:34

Yes it does get easier! Surprisingly quickly I found! I was really upset leaving my DC but got over it within a couple of weeks grin You’ll be fine.

pickledmommy Thu 09-Nov-17 09:21:43

Thanks for your reply I really hope it does. I can't seem to drive to work without tearing up yet so looking forward to that not happening!

chloechloe Thu 09-Nov-17 13:08:37

Have another baby and then you'll be happy to leave them both so you can have a break grin

On a more serious note, it will get easier with time!

pickledmommy Thu 09-Nov-17 14:46:54

Haha! Thanks that made me chuckle.

wendz86 Thu 09-Nov-17 17:47:36

Definately gets easier . I get pushed out the door by my 2 year old now and I don't worry about her or her big sister .

Ssdw Thu 09-Nov-17 22:13:41

Hi OP.
It is still early days.
I work as a nanny and have had several jobs where the first time mum went back to work not long after i started the role. I appreciate it must be really hard to leave your little one behind every morning. Some of the mums actually looked forward to going back to work, but still really struggled saying goodbye in the mornings.
There were tears in the first few days, but it does get easier in my experience. Obviously depends on who is looking after your child while you are away and how do you feel about the care their provide, etc.
I tend to send my boss quick text updates on how the child is doing, as well as pictures and videos ( if they ask me to), and they find it very helpful.
I hope you will find it less hard as time goes by.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now