Talk

Advanced search

Want to change my 10 month olds middle names

(10 Posts)
Graceface26 Thu 09-Nov-17 00:15:32

Hey everyone,
I just wanted some opinions as it's something that's majorly bugging me at the moment.
Basically, me and my DH gave my daughter Freya our mothers names as her middle names. Only problem is she has a 3 syllable surname and both mums names are also 3 syllables - Francesca and Evelyn. It just sounds ridiculous. I want to change it to one short and simple name and get rid of the other names completely, but I feel like our Mums might be hurt but there's no way I can do it without them finding out. I just don't really know what to do. I mean it's not a huge deal, it's just something that bugs me and I'd like to fix if possible.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 09-Nov-17 00:18:59

I can’t think of any surname that would make Freya Francesca Evelyn sound ridiculous! Except perhaps for Bentos! confused

LovingLola Thu 09-Nov-17 00:21:14

Leave it. When will she ever use all her names anyway.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 09-Nov-17 00:22:28

Firstly, it would be a really shitty thing to do since it's the mother's names. Secondly, no one will ever say her full name out loud. Possibly if she gets married... maybe graduation?

Raininspaincloud Thu 09-Nov-17 00:27:27

They go fine together it sounds nice

DeadDoorpost Thu 09-Nov-17 00:27:41

My DH has an almost identical number of syllables (2-3-3-2) and it's never been an issue.
My brother on the other hand... (2-2-3-5)
I personally don't think it matters as the only time middle names crop up usually are on official documents or job/school applications etc. When in conversation no-one ever tells people their full name.

The only other suggestion is merging the two names together, so you get something like Franelyn/ Evesca/Franclyn.

Halfdrankbrew Thu 09-Nov-17 00:36:05

How would they find out? If you really don't like the sound of her name change it, but as other posters have pointed out, you'll only ever have your full name read out maybe twice in front of a large crowd. We gave our little boy 2 middle names, one being his dad's name, he's only 3 months old but I've thought to myself 2 middle names is too much. It sounds like a mouthful to say and filling in forms is annoying, he'll probably run out of space. I wouldn't change our little boys name but I can see where you're coming from with your second thoughts.

Justbookedasummmerholiday Thu 09-Nov-17 12:04:05

Freya Bentos grinlove it!!

moomoo222 Thu 09-Nov-17 12:10:39

I can't remember the last time I used or mentioned my middle names, probably 10 years or more. They're on my passport, but apart from that are largely irrelevant. If it was her actual name you didn't like then fair enough - but changing the middle names would just upset the mums & achieve very little IMO.

Valeriemalorie Thu 09-Nov-17 12:18:56

Lovely name and lovely that she has both grandmothers' names. When do you ever use your middle names anyway? Your daughter has a lovely name x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now