Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Co sleeping with premature baby

(5 Posts)
newmachar Tue 07-Nov-17 23:04:56

My six week old DS is awake roughly every two and a half hours in the night for feeds and takes a long time to settle afterwards. In the morning when DH has gone to work and baby has had his 6am ish feed, the only way I can get him to settle is in his Sleepyhead in the bed next to me, where he will sleep for roughly three hours. I take all covers off the bed, just wear my pjs and baby has blanket over him.
I’ve read about babies born prematurely or low birth weight shouldn’t co sleep - is this just the case when they are tiny or always? DS was born at 4lbs 9 at 36 weeks, is now 6 weeks and 8lb 12.

I don’t think I’d get through the day without that extra little three hour nap we both get in the morning before getting up for the day.

Rolypolybabies Tue 07-Nov-17 23:09:37

Please don't take sleep advice from a forum, contact the lullaby trust or look at ISIS sleep and UNICEF safe sleep guidelines.

TheWeatherGirl1 Wed 08-Nov-17 16:32:48

I would be fine with this personally, and we did the same, using the sleepyhead.

Heatherbell1978 Wed 08-Nov-17 16:35:15

In the Sleepyhead he’ll be fine, I used to do this all the time. I’d be wary of co-sleeping with him lying next to you where technically you could roll on to him.

buckyou Fri 10-Nov-17 21:12:22

I do know someone who had a prem baby die while co sleeping but the be fair they had both been drinking and one was on drugs.confused

I situation sounds fine. In a sleepy head especially. I would.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now