Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas activities/craft ideas for toddler

(8 Posts)
Blondie87 Tue 07-Nov-17 14:47:05

Sorry for mentioning the 'C' word but I've only got a couple of months left on maternity and really want to make the most of the time with the baby and toddler (2.5).

Anyone got any nice and easy Christmas craft activities I could do with my toddler? Baby is 10 months and likes getting involved too. Also what traditions as a family do you do on Christmas Eve? I the idea of establishing some while the kids are young. TIA.

Scotinoz Tue 07-Nov-17 16:25:31

There's a really cute Christmas card which you do with finger painting. Toddler does a few finger prints, then you Sharpie marker black lines to turn it into a string of fairy lights.

Pinterest is your friend!

photographyaddict Tue 07-Nov-17 16:28:03

As Scotinoz said, Pinterest! HTH! grin

BornInALighthouse Tue 07-Nov-17 16:32:21

Not much else to add but we did a santa hand print card. Stuck some sticky stars on and it was very much appreciated by dad on Christmas day.

helly29 Tue 07-Nov-17 16:34:02

I'm planning to make some paper chains with mine! That's my only idea so watching with interest...

Cupcakegirl13 Tue 07-Nov-17 17:16:48

Salt dough decorations , visit to see santa, an evening walk to see people's Christmas lights, reading Christmas stories , making some chocolates or cupcakes

TepidCat Tue 07-Nov-17 18:53:38

I do an advent activity calendar so it’s a little thing each day to feel festive. Simple things like going to the library and reading a Christmas story, making mince pies, some good ideas on Pinterest for Christmas decorations, putting on Christmas music and dancing around, a winter walk to find mistletoe,

Blondie87 Tue 07-Nov-17 20:00:14

I love some of these! I am going to try and do the festive activity advent calendar! I find Pinterest a bit daunting as I'm not very artsy or crafty. Will look up some card ideas. Thanks hive minds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now