Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Struggling with sleep

(4 Posts)
Kim2017 Mon 06-Nov-17 21:40:25

Hi

Im currently struggling to get my 9 year old to sleep through the night. Its been on and off for the last 2 weeks or so. ( Up until then she would sleep through with no prob)
But in the last two weeks shes had me up at least 3-4 times a night. which has resulted in me having to sleep in her room with her. As ive been exhausted.

Im at my wits end to be honest, and just wondering if anyone had any advice as to stuff i could try 2 do with her to get her to sleep through again.

Also getting her into bed isnt a problem, but she also spends the following 10-15 mins constantly calling out ( like shes checking im still here)

if anyone has any suggestions i would be truely grateful .

BackforGood Mon 06-Nov-17 23:29:58

Has anything happened ?
Has she been frightened by anything ? (Film, TV, story told by a friend, something on the news).
Any changes in circumstances in her / your life?
Illness?

Kim2017 Tue 07-Nov-17 21:45:03

Hey

Im not sure with the run up to halloween and them talking about scary films in the playground maybe something 2 do with it.
her sleeping is normally very good . but this last few weeks its terrible.

she also doesnt like being seperated from me for any length of time. ive only got 2 open the front door to or go out of sight and shes shouting to me 2 find out where i am .

Phoenix76 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:52:44

That sounds really tough. Have you asked her what's wrong? Sorry if that sounds obvious, but maybe if you gently question her you'll get the answer and take it from there. Agree with pp that something may have started this and reassurance may put her mind at rest and get your sleep back, good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now