Talk

Advanced search

Sibling gift from newborn to 11 and 14 year old girls

(7 Posts)
klc75 Sat 04-Nov-17 15:21:04

Hi, anyone got any good ideas for sibling gifts from a newborn for an 11 and 14 year girls. 14 year old really excited , 11 year old is starting to show signs of a bit of jealousy and not wanting to be the middle child. Anyone got any ideas for a gift when new baby (girl) arrives or dealt with any sibling anxiety/jealousy with that age group?

harryangel Wed 08-Nov-17 19:25:50

Hi- not sure if a gift is necessarily the solution here. It's probably best to wait until baby is born to see exactly how your 11 year old feels. She may change her mind and love being a big sister. If not, then no gift will take away the fact that she will be a middle child from now on. A gift may work on a toddler for the short term, but for an 11 year old-- much better to talk to her and reassure her that she's still just as important as the new baby to you, and allow her quality time just the two of you.

midsummabreak Wed 08-Nov-17 19:34:28

I think a gift/ card from the DDs to newborn, and from newborn baby to each Dd is a lovely way to celebrate the birth of a new sibling. My 11 year old loves making slime ( borax, shaving cream, food colouring, foaming soap, etc) crafts, making jewellry, friendship bracelets, and learning to bake cakes.

klc75 Thu 09-Nov-17 17:48:33

Thanks @midsummabreak she sounds just like mine they like the same things! Stuff for slime for ho down very well!! X

klc75 Thu 09-Nov-17 17:50:56

@harryangel of course I am doing all the reassuring/spending time with her on her own already. We have planned something to do together after baby arrives. The gift was not meant to be a solution was just looking for any ideas

SummerRoberts Thu 09-Nov-17 18:08:37

What about a Nomination bracelet and charm each? They aren’t too expensive and not dangly so wouldn’t get caught on stuff or bar annoying yo wear.
You could get sister charms, or a charm relating to something they like. Plus you can add to it on birthdays or Christmas.

SummerRoberts Thu 09-Nov-17 18:09:36

Be annoying to wear* bloody iPhone!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now