Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Best Housework Sling/Carrier

(3 Posts)
Ceesadoo Thu 02-Nov-17 09:44:09

I have a 10 week old baby and am EBF. I find it near impossible to get anything done around the house because my baby does not like to be put down. I’m told that slings or baby carriers are useful in this situation. Do you have any recommendations and experiences to share?

MenorcaSunrise Thu 02-Nov-17 10:34:06

Something with the option of headsupport or hood for when baby is sleeping and a bit floppy.

Do you have a sling library near you. You can also hire slings from Slumber Roo. It's worth trying a few out before you commit.

BertieBotts Thu 02-Nov-17 10:44:07

Stretchy wrap is the bee's knees for little ones that age IME.

The baby will be on your front so it is difficult to do some things because they are in the way, but you do have two hands free.

Actually the total best thing is a mei tai or woven wrap and a back carry, but I wouldn't recommend this to a beginner. I could never get the hang of it. The only people I know who did were on DC2, had back carried their older child a lot and had RL help to get the baby up there while they were learning.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: